Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 30cc - Fuselage Dimensions?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 30cc - Fuselage Dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 09:50 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 30cc - Fuselage Dimensions?

I was gifted a wing from the older H9 Ultra Stick. It's the 78" wing and it's 1 piece with 4 bolts to attach to the fuselage. 1326 square inches. Has flaps and ailerons. I need to scratch build a fuselage for it. Specs look close enough to the new H9 30cc Ultra Stick. Can anyone measure their fuselage for me? H9 says 74 inches but they don't say if that's overall length or from firewall to hinge line.

If anyone could measure their Stick I'd be grateful.

1- Fuselage length from firewall to elevator hinge line

2 - Overall length from prop hub to elevator hinge line

3 - Fuselage width and height at firewall

4 - Fuselage width and height at the wing saddle

5 - elevator width and cord

6 - Rudder width at fuselage. Overall height as well.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:54 PM
kenlowe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dims you requested are as follows:

1- Fuselage length from firewall to elevator hinge line 54-3/4"

2 - Overall length from prop hub to elevator hinge line 61" (w/DLE35)

3 - Fuselage width and height at firewall 4-5/8" H x 4-1/4" W

4 - Fuselage width and height at the wing saddle 4-7/8" wide, 15" chord, 5-3/8" H front of saddle, 5-1/2" H rear of saddle (saddle about 1/2" below these dims if that makes sense)

5 - elevator width and cord Trapezoid that measures 25" front, 29" rear, 10-1/4 chord including 3-3/4" control surface

6 - Rudder width at fuselage. Overall height as well. Rudder is 19-1/2" OAL including 7-1/4" control surface, both dims at bottom of trapezoid

There was a guy selling a set of plans reverse-engineered from an Ultra Stick Lite 120 (search this site and flyinggiants for RHB Designs and/or Ultra Stick Lite 120), and another selling the laser-cut short kit for same. Not sure if that would fit your wing. I built one a few years back and dumb-thumbed it into the ground. Good flyer.

Good luck!
Ken
Old 01-08-2021, 07:38 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kenlowe
The dims you requested are as follows:

1- Fuselage length from firewall to elevator hinge line 54-3/4"

2 - Overall length from prop hub to elevator hinge line 61" (w/DLE35)

3 - Fuselage width and height at firewall 4-5/8" H x 4-1/4" W

4 - Fuselage width and height at the wing saddle 4-7/8" wide, 15" chord, 5-3/8" H front of saddle, 5-1/2" H rear of saddle (saddle about 1/2" below these dims if that makes sense)

5 - elevator width and cord Trapezoid that measures 25" front, 29" rear, 10-1/4 chord including 3-3/4" control surface

6 - Rudder width at fuselage. Overall height as well. Rudder is 19-1/2" OAL including 7-1/4" control surface, both dims at bottom of trapezoid

There was a guy selling a set of plans reverse-engineered from an Ultra Stick Lite 120 (search this site and flyinggiants for RHB Designs and/or Ultra Stick Lite 120), and another selling the laser-cut short kit for same. Not sure if that would fit your wing. I built one a few years back and dumb-thumbed it into the ground. Good flyer.

Good luck!
Ken
Thank you Ken!!! I went ahead and drew it out last weekend. I ended up with

60 from firewall to elevator hinge line.
6x6 firewall and same basic size to tue back of the wing saddle
28x10 stabilizer with 3.5 cord on control surface

Looks like I'm about 6" longer overall. Should be okay as I'm building a truss balsa structure with 1/8" basa sheeting. Light. Not too worried about tail heavy for that reason. Hopefully the longer tail will make it stable in a straight line.

Thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
capt1597 (01-08-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 01:03 PM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there's another thread on the Ultra Stick 30 I can't find it...here's mine. I had an older DA 50 so I thought why not? Had to use a taller landing gear and some 5.5 in. tires that I had so the 22x10 prop would clear, also pinned the firewall and added tail brace wires. With the elevator servos in the rear of the fuse it balances just slightly nose heavy...