RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 30cc - Fuselage Dimensions?
Old 01-08-2021, 07:38 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kenlowe
The dims you requested are as follows:

1- Fuselage length from firewall to elevator hinge line 54-3/4"

2 - Overall length from prop hub to elevator hinge line 61" (w/DLE35)

3 - Fuselage width and height at firewall 4-5/8" H x 4-1/4" W

4 - Fuselage width and height at the wing saddle 4-7/8" wide, 15" chord, 5-3/8" H front of saddle, 5-1/2" H rear of saddle (saddle about 1/2" below these dims if that makes sense)

5 - elevator width and cord Trapezoid that measures 25" front, 29" rear, 10-1/4 chord including 3-3/4" control surface

6 - Rudder width at fuselage. Overall height as well. Rudder is 19-1/2" OAL including 7-1/4" control surface, both dims at bottom of trapezoid

There was a guy selling a set of plans reverse-engineered from an Ultra Stick Lite 120 (search this site and flyinggiants for RHB Designs and/or Ultra Stick Lite 120), and another selling the laser-cut short kit for same. Not sure if that would fit your wing. I built one a few years back and dumb-thumbed it into the ground. Good flyer.

Good luck!
Ken
Thank you Ken!!! I went ahead and drew it out last weekend. I ended up with

60 from firewall to elevator hinge line.
6x6 firewall and same basic size to tue back of the wing saddle
28x10 stabilizer with 3.5 cord on control surface

Looks like I'm about 6" longer overall. Should be okay as I'm building a truss balsa structure with 1/8" basa sheeting. Light. Not too worried about tail heavy for that reason. Hopefully the longer tail will make it stable in a straight line.

Thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
capt1597 (01-08-2021)