Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

What About Peakmodel.com ? Where did they go???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

What About Peakmodel.com ? Where did they go???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
paco ritter
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What About Peakmodel.com ? Where did they go???

Got one of the Pitts Python 71" bipes with a DLE55 from this bunch a couple of months back. Now they seemed to have vanished. Any idea where one could purchase replacement parts like cowl and wheel pants if needed? Thanks..PACO
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20969.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1224544  
Old 06-25-2009, 01:53 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: What About Peakmodel.com ? Where did they go???

http://www.peakmodel.com/

site works for me
Old 06-25-2009, 02:40 PM
paco ritter

works for me, too now that I'm on my home computer. Work sometimes blocks things out and will not let the web page open. Guess that is why I couldn't find them. Thanks...
Old 06-25-2009, 03:11 PM
outdoorhunting

That stinking "work thing" always screws things up. You need to find a way out of that,so you can concentrate on the important stuff.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:12 AM
jwalsh
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Paco

Have you had much experience flying the plane yet? I've been looking at getting one but have yet to hear from anyone on how it builds, flies or handles on the ground. What has been your experience? TIA

John
Old 06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
paco ritter

It was an easy ARF to assemble. You need to have a bit of building or assembly of ARF expierence under your belt first as the directions SUCK. Loose a lot in the translation from Chinese to English, and they are for the Ultimate as well as the Python. You MUST know how to read between the lines, but no step at all if you have done other planes in the past.

It is light, handles well, lands great, slow and easy, unlike most bipes. As with most tail dragging bipes, it is best to make a three point landing if at all possible. If you try to feed in up elevator after the mains touch, you will only succeed in flying the craft back into the air again and hopping down the landing strip. GET OFF THE ELEVATOR.

One of our Club members has the version from end of '08 powered with a DL50. His plane has about 50 flights so far and it is rock solid. Great performer, couldn't be any better. I have one from May of '09 with a DLE55. I only hope mine turns out as good as his as time goes on. His is a screamer and a solid flyer. I have no doubt mine will be, too. I am still in trim stages, seem to have to add down elevator to make fly level. I have added down trim to the engine twice trying to work it out, but that didn't help the cause, only made it climb when it was inverted due to too much engine down thrust. Have gone back to one spacer behind the top engine stand offs to give it a bit of down thrust, the rest I'll sub-trim into the elevator with the radio, then leave it alone. That's what my buddy did with his, and you could ask for no better performing craft than he has.

Would I recommend these plane/engine set ups? For the money, about $900, you can't go wrong for a good looking, good flying bipe. However, if I already had a 50cc engine lying around looking for a bipe to put it on, I'd look at Blazing Wings version of the Python in 50cc. Slightly higher, but more color schemes offered. I needed engine and plane both so the PEAK model was a deal.