Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Peak models

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Peak models

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 PM
rs7ion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peak models

Anyone have or seen one of their arf's? Just ordered a 25% 540. looks like a well built model.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
dtm360

Default RE: Peak models

It is a very well built model. I have the 25% SU31, the quality is excellent and makes the Hangar 9 stuff look poor! If your version has split landing gears, I would advise you to take out the covering and balsa sheet from the bottom half of the fuselage and re-inforce the area, at the same time add an L shape aluminum stiffener to join the 2 landing gear pieces together, this is the only area that is weak. If your plane is a single piece landing gear, I believe it is stronger, but I would still be tempted to re-inforce the landing gear area.

Also, the blind nuts for the nose and canopy, epoxy these into place, they have a tendency to come loose and you will end up with a spinning nut when you try to remove - most annoying! I don't know if they have changed it, but if you run dual elevator servos, you will have to buy the second pushrod, my kit only came setup for a single elevator servo and a U shape wire piece to connect the 2 servo halves.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:57 AM
RJetss

Just my 2 cents. I have one of there 25% Yaks. I bought it last year. The model itself is constructed very good, from the balsa to the finish, BUT I bought a combo from them with a SPE43. Bad news. The motor was a lemon, and had nothing but trouble with it. I sent it back to them, which by the way cost me another 45 bucks and they sent it back to the people who they got it from all to say it was a bad carbrator. After around 2 months of waiting I also found out the ignition system with it was junk. They have had me on a promise for about 3 months now they would send me a new one and I should mail them back a pcture of the old one distroyed so they knew I wasn't try to beat them. (LOL) Gimmie a break! I was dealing with a fellow named WAY. To this day still no ignition and the plane has been just sitting around. I have others. What gets me is that if you want to sell a combo you should honor what you sell. My next plane will not be from them you can bet on that. Buy from the states and make yourself a good move. SORRY Peak. Like I said before it's just my 2 cents!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 AM
rs7ion

I did recieve my arf Monday. This is a very nice ARF! It is better built than all my hangar9 planes. I didnt get the comdo. There is enough gas planes in my club to know what to stay away from. i ordered a REAL DLE30 from troybuilt models. I am running hi-tec hs5625mg's in it with 131 in-oz. They should be enough. The only problem I had so far is their tracking numbers didnt work. But I still got it on time.
Thanks for your input

R. Shaw
Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 PM
49dimes
My Feedback: (1)

Purchased the EDGE 540T 30% red yellow black scheme. Got Turnigy 7757 high voltage(430oz torque .12 speed titanium gears coreless motor) servos and DLE 55 from Hobby City. Saved over 1000 bucks if you went extreme flight, jr and da. Everything is top quality. Hope to have this bird huckin around soon. Did you guys get any instructions or where the C G is? Peak Models website is just now starting to include downloads on selected ARF'S.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Eganwp

I can't recall on my Edge (same one you just bought), but I believe it was somewhere around 5.5". I'll have to confirm. I calculated it out to be 27% MAC, and also have tried flying it at 31% MAC which was REALLY tail heavy. Check out the manual from another plane like the Sukhoi or Yak as they have the Edge's CG at the end of it as well. The plane WILL come out tail heavy, so do all you can to keep everything up front. Check out our build thread and my big flight report on the plane for more details. You're gonna love it! Crash likes it more than his Extreme Flight Yak 88"! lol

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9635842/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9635842/tm.htm[/link]
Old 06-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Eganwp

Just confirmed for ya. It's 118mm = 27% MAC which is correct as I calculated the MAC from scratch to be sure. Inverted 45* uplines should be pretty close with this setup, but I haven't rechecked my CG measurement since tweaking the CG.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
pryor808

49dimes,

The plane is awesome. No manual. Eganwp and, others have helped me out on my build. Mine ended up weighing 17.6lbs. with the ignition battery and, canister muffler. Dual Li-ion's for Rx. All our planes are on FG.

Paul
Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Wingspam

I also chose there combo package for the 25% yak and the SPE 43, had the same problem with the motor. The plane itself is of good quality, but do yourself a favor and reinforce the landing gear and the fire wall.
As far as the motor goes I found a USA vendor, sent the motor to Cermark and they got it running , only problem is they dont recognize the warranty from over sea. So it cost me about $90.00 for the service on the motor. Well worth it in my opinion it now runs great and the customer service was very good.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
49dimes

Thanks for the C G info. I am about 70% complete on the build and will post some pics when all is ready. Correction to the servos... Turnigy HV767 for 51.99 (member price at Hobby City). There were also some 190 0z metal gear servos for 18.99. anybody tried some yet? Again the quality is right up there with the high dollar servos.Confucious say; Pilot who fly inverted have crack up!