RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/6494380-top-flite-b-25-arf-tecnical-tips-suggestions.html)

agmurf 04-04-2012 05:02 PM

RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

I do not have the yoke posts and control yokes to put in place. Does anyone have what came with the kit they want to part with?

I found them hiding. :(

JBoyd58 04-19-2012 02:34 PM

Does anyone have a spare used or new nose windscreen and chin set? (TOPA-1715). I dropped mine, broke it into pieces on the front.
I'll pay fair value, plus shipping cost to me! Thanks, J.B.

Speedracer2112 04-20-2012 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: JBoyd58

Does anyone have a spare used or new nose windscreen and chin set? (TOPA-1715). I dropped mine, broke it into pieces on the front.
I'll pay fair value, plus shipping cost to me! Thanks, J.B.

I think I do. Not positive. I'll be home in one week and I will look.

You can also check with Hobby Services. They are very nice a will send you parts from destroyed/damaged kits.

SR

RCGuy41 04-20-2012 05:03 AM

JBoyd58,

Go to this site http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTFT8&P=7 you can purchase the parts for $22.49 less shipping.

JBoyd58 04-20-2012 06:13 AM

I should have mentioned, I've been all over the internet. And this part is on back order until late May.
Including Tower Hobbies. I was looking, to maybe get one sooner through a post here and there.
Thanks anyway!

norm 04-20-2012 06:19 AM

I have that, watch me brake mine now.... pm me

Normand

Speedracer2112 04-28-2012 06:03 AM

ORIGINAL: normandouellette

I have that, watch me brake mine now.... pm me

Normand
I have one also. If yours breaks I'll send you this one.

SR

Speedracer2112 05-01-2012 09:15 AM

I'm going to Joe Nall with my TF B-25 and my ASM B-17. Anyone else going too ?

SR

norm 05-01-2012 04:35 PM

thanx, kind of you but I'll pray the seson begins here!!

nORMAND

Jyjkoz 06-05-2012 04:59 AM

I am going to satrt my build .... I purchased two os 95v for the plane . Has anyone used them in this plane yet? Will they be a good match for the B-25?

rcnut101 06-05-2012 12:18 PM

95's will pull it just fine. I am fling with OS 70's and it flies scale. It does fly well on one engine.

Seamus OLeprosy 06-19-2012 01:14 PM

Hi guys hopefully someone can help.
I am going the cheaper all I can afford two stroke power route.
I made up the right hand power pod and there is a straight forward route to the trottle but on the left hand side the servo is on the opposite side to the trottle giving a very messy route to the carb.
Has this problem been solved here?

rcnut101 06-19-2012 02:15 PM

You should have the engine pods set up identical. The only difference in the two in thrust angles. Pictures would be very helpful.

Seamus OLeprosy 06-19-2012 02:24 PM

RC have you buitl one of the B5's

rcnut101 06-19-2012 03:20 PM

Um, Yes, I built one in 2 weeks. They are pretty straight forward. There is two location for throttle servos.

RCGuy41 06-19-2012 06:12 PM

Seamus OLeprosy,

Hi, I had gone the cheapest rout also when it came down to engine sellection. Currently I have two OS AX .46 2S engines with power box mufflers turning two APC 11X8 props. At full power my engines are turning at 10500 rpm which provides plenty of power to take off from my grass field. After take off and my first turn heading down wind, my gear has been retracted then flaps brought up, I can fly at 2/3rds to 1/2 throttle and stay airborn for ten minutes. After landing I have enough fuel for an additional two minutes of flight if I over shoot or need to go around for another landing attempt.

As for the throttle servo's, they are located on different sides of the nacelle, just try to rout them as strait as possible or if you can engineer a new servo mount which will short'n your servo arm run. Good luck with your build

Seamus OLeprosy 06-20-2012 09:33 AM

Here is what I have
As you can see the right/top engine pod has the control rod attached in a nice straight line down the side of the tank to the carb.
But on the bottom/left power pod you will see the servo positions are on the oposite side to the carb and the tank gets in the way.
http://images.rcuniverse.com/gallery.../lg-232528.jpg

http://images.rcuniverse.com/gallery.../lg-232530.jpg

I was hoping someone might direct me to images of what othere have done to fix the problem

rcnut101 06-20-2012 02:12 PM

OKay. I stand corrected. You might be able to turn the the carburator 180 degrees and reaccess situiation.

rcnut101 06-20-2012 02:18 PM

I just reread the manual and your gonna have to put in the lower position. There is an illustration for it along with a seperate servo mount to stick inside the motor box. Page eleven shows where to mount servo.

Seamus OLeprosy 06-20-2012 02:22 PM

Thought of that but the ASP has a back needle adjuster and if you turn it 180 the nipple points forward.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../sad_smile.gif
Its only because its a twin and I want the trottles to be 100% reliable that concerns me.

Seamus OLeprosy 06-20-2012 02:24 PM

I'll have a look in the morning thanks

ORIGINAL: rcnut101

I just reread the manual and your gonna have to put in the lower position. There is an illustration for it along with a seperate servo mount to stick inside the motor box. Page eleven shows where to mount servo.

Seamus OLeprosy 06-22-2012 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I cant believe I'm the only one who had the two stroke throttle problem, anyway here is my solution, any way here is what I did.
Basically a hardwood dowel and a couple of belcranks. All symmetrically assembled so their is no mechanical advantage/disadvantage compared to the other side.

rcnut101 06-22-2012 12:34 PM

Excellent job. That will do the trick, Just make sure to lock tight everthing.:D

Speedracer2112 06-24-2012 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Seamus OLeprosy

I cant believe I'm the only one who had the two stroke throttle problem, anyway here is my solution, any way here is what I did.

Sorry about the late reply! [:@]

I think a lot of folks had the same problem, just different solutions. I just bent the wire around the tank and then turned the arm to face the direction of the trust. Works perfect. Another solution is "Dubro Golden rods". They work on the same principle.

In the photos the throttle settings are identical. The vector of force of are different at the servo but the same at the carb.

SR

Seamus OLeprosy 06-24-2012 10:52 PM

Thanks Speedy, How's she flyin', what motor/prop combo, and did you
manage to get a replacement yellow dome nut for a two stroke?