Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

best charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 06:43 PM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best charger

hey everyone as i have gotten more planes i am tired of plugging the wal-warts up. this is what i have to charge the tx which is a 6xas, then my flight packs a 600mah,900mah and a 1400mah and 1600mah, one is used in my funtana and the other in my pt-19 from great planes, ant the smaller ones i use for my 4*40 what is the best charger for home and the feild. I have been looking at the Triton from gp but not for sure figured i would get some input form all of you thanks mike
Old 02-26-2004, 06:49 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: best charger

What is your maximum price? Are you looking to be able to charge all chemistries? How many do you want to charge at one time?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:56 PM
armyrcer-RCU

around 130 dollars. i want to charge the transmitter, and rx battery at the same time ni-mh and ni-cads but mostly ni-cads. i just want something for the house and the feild. also something that is going to charge the larger rx batteries that i have
Old 02-26-2004, 07:30 PM
mikefev

Hi,
SIRIUS is the charger I would recommend. You can do xmtr and rcvr at same time at home or at the field. For home you need a power supply. I bought mine from SIRIUS but there are others that are less expensive. Go to www.siriuselectronics.com for info and prices. I have the SIRIUS pro charger, the discharger/battery checker and the power supply for home. At the field I use a 12V riding mower battery I got at Wal-Mart. Last year I charged it twice!!! Best advise I can offer. There is one drawback. To charge the xmtr you will have to remove the battery since I notice you have a Futaba radio. There is a device in some Futaba and other xmtr's that prevent charging with the SIRIUS when the battery is in the xmtr. I jumped the diode(device) in mine but if you are not into soldering, get someone else to do it. Futaba will install a device that will allow you to charge and discharge. This can be done by Hobby Services in Champaign, Ill. Sorry I misplaced the address but you can find it on the Tower Hobby's web site. Good Luck!

VR Mike
Old 02-26-2004, 07:38 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

I like my Triton because it will charge my NiCds, NiMHs, and Li-Ion batteries. The one thing I don't like about it is it will only charge one battery at a time. I don't know of a charger out there that has the capabilities of the Triton and also charges multiple batteries...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I like my Ace Super Digipulse
Old 02-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I would get the Hobbico Quick Charger MkII
Old 02-26-2004, 09:44 PM
armyrcer-RCU

Geistware, I have been looking at that too how does it do with the higher mah batteries., I have been looking at that tonight at tower along with the triton too
Old 02-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Hobbies for Fun
My Feedback: (4)

I am not doing Lipos and I have 2 planes (4 batteries) and will be using a Litco alpha 4 as soon as it arrives next week.
I was using a Ace Super Digipace 3 and a Ace Digipulse which were excellent as well just not as portable as the Alpha and no fast charge capability either for my high capacity NIMH packs.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:36 PM
jucava

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Ace 2521 looks noce is that the one you're talking about Redrum
Old 03-18-2004, 06:21 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I charge 2-1800maH Nicads with no problem.
Usually when I do field charge, I charge 4 packs (3 plane & TX)
My 12/7 field pack battery works great and both chargers do fine.

ORIGINAL: armyrcer-RCU

Geistware, I have been looking at that too how does it do with the higher mah batteries., I have been looking at that tonight at tower along with the triton too
Old 03-18-2004, 01:05 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Geistware

I would get the Hobbico Quick Charger MkII
And thanks to your advice here, I did. Thanks, it's a nice charger.

Joe
Old 03-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: jucava

The Ace 2521 looks noce is that the one you're talking about Redrum
Sorry it took so long but yes thats the one..works good for what I need..
Old 03-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Bud Faulkner
My Feedback: (1)

I needed a charger that would handle my various packs including my new 3000mah pack.....my existing chargers wouldn't take anything that high so I bought the MRC super brain 969 and it's great...comes with the power pack for use at home too. I think tower has it for $99.00 it can charge two packs at a time or charge one and discharge the other at the same time. A is charge and discharge and B is charge only.

Ft Eustis brings back memories...my son took his training on chinooks there before going to Ft Campbell.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:35 PM
ShotgunTC88
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Big Alowishious

I am not doing Lipos and I have 2 planes (4 batteries) and will be using a Litco alpha 4 as soon as it arrives next week.
I was using a Ace Super Digipace 3 and a Ace Digipulse which were excellent as well just not as portable as the Alpha and no fast charge capability either for my high capacity NIMH packs.

You will LOVE the Alpha, Mine has been plugged in continusly for 6yrs without ANY probs even during power failures!!

Best $200 I ever spent

SHotgun
Old 03-25-2004, 11:41 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

I have two Alpha 4's and love them. Recently I bought a Hughes RC for larger packs. The Alpha 4 is one amp divided by the number of ports used - 4 ports will max at 250ma ea. This is not a fast charge for larger packs > 1000ma. The Hughes has four one amp chargers but limited to 4 throug 8 cells. My packs range from 1 to 10 cells, 600 to 3300ma. I'm happy with both.

Carl
Old 03-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

I know its in a different price range then what you are refering to but, have a look at the Sommer miniron mobil.

Operating manual

Come and see it in Toledo.

Roger