RCU Forums - View Single Post - best charger
Thread: best charger
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 07:30 PM
mikefev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best charger

Hi,
SIRIUS is the charger I would recommend. You can do xmtr and rcvr at same time at home or at the field. For home you need a power supply. I bought mine from SIRIUS but there are others that are less expensive. Go to www.siriuselectronics.com for info and prices. I have the SIRIUS pro charger, the discharger/battery checker and the power supply for home. At the field I use a 12V riding mower battery I got at Wal-Mart. Last year I charged it twice!!! Best advise I can offer. There is one drawback. To charge the xmtr you will have to remove the battery since I notice you have a Futaba radio. There is a device in some Futaba and other xmtr's that prevent charging with the SIRIUS when the battery is in the xmtr. I jumped the diode(device) in mine but if you are not into soldering, get someone else to do it. Futaba will install a device that will allow you to charge and discharge. This can be done by Hobby Services in Champaign, Ill. Sorry I misplaced the address but you can find it on the Tower Hobby's web site. Good Luck!

VR Mike