Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Pretty Sweet Deal on Hitec Radios Going On...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Pretty Sweet Deal on Hitec Radios Going On...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty Sweet Deal on Hitec Radios Going On...

As some know, I bought a Hitec Eclipse 7 Pro last week. I thought/think it was a good value @$329; includes rechargable Tx battery, 4 digital servos (and the store thru in a fifth!), good specs, etc.

But I had no idea Hitec would sweeten the pot, which they just did (for all their current radios, not just the E7 Pro)!

Limited Time Offer

[link=http://www.hitecrcd.com/offers/fro2012.html]Buy any Hitec Computerized 2.4 GHz radio system between January 1st, 2012 and June 30th, 2012 and get a free receiver[/link].

Buy a new Optic 6, Optic 6 Sport, Eclipse 7 Pro or Aurora 9, 2.4GHz Radio System from a retailer in the US, Canada or Mexico between January 1st, 2012 and June 30th, 2012. See the list below to see what free receiver you can get.

Purchase Get a Free

Optic 6 or Optic 6 Sport Minima 6T

Eclipse 7 Pro Optima 6 or Optima 6 Lite

Aurora 9 Optima 7

But it got better...when you [link=http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/LimitedTimeOfferMinima.pdf]click on the order form for this offer[/link], you see that you can also order another receiver for 1/2 price, and/or the PC interface kit at 1/2 price and/or a T-shirt/Hat combo for $15!! I actually did all 3 of those, as it works out to $90 savings when you figure in the freebie (not even figuring in the shirt/hat)

I put this here cuz beginners...like ME...are looking into radios, and this deal seems pretty special.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:22 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Pretty Sweet Deal on Hitec Radios Going On...

Those are some great deals. I would join the towerhobbies super saver club and get the additional $50 off with the purchase of $300 plus. Unfortuanetly the offer expired on 12/31/11. Good luck with choosing a radio. I have been looking at the aurora and will bite the bullet soon.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Futaba has had deals as well from time to time. I have gotten 2 free recievers for buying a radio and the last offer I saw was a free radio case if you bought a radio. They all do things like this from time to time, it is just a matter of keeping your eyes open for the deals. Good Luck, Dave
Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

I am going to email hitec, I just ordered that Aurora TX only. I wonder if that counts. If it does my deal will be sweet.
aurora 9 2RX and the hp222 for $320
Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Indeed Hitec has been almost continuously very competive with ongoing promotions that change from time to time and if you keep an eye out can end up with lets say the Optima 7 Rx's for an average of about fifty three bucks each. That is the average of all my RX's which is something just over fifty worked out roughly over a period of about nine months from my LHS. Also ended up with the HPP-22 for free.

Before I became aware that only the seven or nine Optima's are updatable at home with the HP-22, I did buy six Optima 6's in triple packs. I did just get them back from updating but do not intend to buy them anymore and will continue to buy primarily the sevens which I can update at my home whenever an update comes through. So this is something to consider and price points if you work the promos they are virtually the same price.

I highly recommend anyone using any portion of their systems do get a hold of the HPP-22

For the Aurora users Don't miss the full telemetry package its a gas, I can,t wait to hear the new lady anunciator when its released.

John
Old 02-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Deandome

For the Aurora users Don't miss the full telemetry package its a gas, I can,t wait to hear the new lady anunciator when its released.
The Eclipse Pro 7 is also compatible with that...and it uses the same 'stereo plug' trainer cord as the Aurora (and battery, as we covered earlier).
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Provided it's Hitec themselves and not just a local distributor promotion, it would be great if some of these manufacturers would wake up and understand that there is actually a world beyond the borders of America and Canada for once!