Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Need some wire

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Need some wire

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some wire

Been getting mine from here; [link=http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-5.html]Maxx RC Products[/link]

Look for the wire selection near the bottom of the page. Recently made some connectors with 10ga. with 75amp power poles, good stuff...
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need some wire

ORIGINAL: goirish

ORIGINAL: gene6029

The wire you are looking for is called MTW. Its soft & flexable. I use it to wire up electrical panels & its the cats meow!...Gene What you get at Lowes is THHN stranded, and too stiff for what you are looking for.
Thanks, looked at the site that sells it, but there are so many different ones Don't know which one to buy
Gene,

The type of wiring LiPo's use has a silicone rubber insulation. 12 gauge stranded wire (minimum 49 strands copper, and silver plated preferred) is plenty of wire for any LiPo application currently in use, up to 100 amps or more. Suggest you look up Silicone insulated wire, 49 strand, 12 AWG, silver plated in McMasterCarr.

The 49 strands (usually a 7x7 configuration) produce a very flexible wire and the silicone insulation is not only the softest around, it has some of the highest dielectric strength of any plastic/rubber. That's the stuff you are looking for