Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Did I just make a big mistake?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Did I just make a big mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
ChristopherM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I just make a big mistake?

I am getting back into flying and have a Hobbyzone champ, for the hoildays I was asked what radio system I wanted. I asked for a TacticTTX650 will this bind with the hobbyzone planes or did I make a big mistake?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM
jetmech05

2.4 is brand specific. but you have a nice second radio if it came with a receiver just swap the receiver
Old 01-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Stormrider51

Didn't your Champ come with a transmitter? I was just on the website and didn't see one listed as a bind and fly (BNF). Regardless, your Tactic transmitter will not work. Can you return it and get a Spektrum? I fly my Champ, and every other airplane I own, on a DX6i. It's too bad that you asked for the wrong brand of TX. With a Spektrum you can add an Anylink and fly any of the planes that have a Tactic RX but the reverse isn't true.

Good luck!
John
Old 01-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, the Tactic will not bind with a Spectrum. However, the Tactic is a super nice radio (one of the best buys for your money). If you got the deal where you get 2 radio receivers with the Tactic transmitter, just put the Tactic receiver in your Champ and have a ball.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:37 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The OP stated he has a Hobbyzone Champ.....an ultra-micro that uses the "all-in-one brick" , The receiver, ESC, and servos are all on one board. He can't install another receiver without a lot of work and more parts.
As already stated, the Tactic radio won't work with the Champ but a Spektrum (DX4, 5.6.7.8 etc..) or a radio that can use a Spektrum plug-in module will.

What to do depends on what you will be flying or want to fly.
If it's bind-and-fly foamies then you will have to look at the Flyzone models if you want to use the Tactic radio. You can also get the Parkzone plug-and-play models and install a Tactic receiver in them
If it's Parkzone/Hobbyzone micros, and Hobbyzone, Parkzone bind-and -fly foamies then you should return or sell the Tactic and look for a Spektrum radio .

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 01-08-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

if I understand the OP, he is asking if the Tatic radio will bind with "hobbyzone" planes, answer is no, the Tatic will however bind with the "flyzone" Tx ready planes. hobbyzone and flyzone are two different companies. Hobbyzone uses spectrum and Flyzone uses tactic, you can use the "any-link" stormrideri talking about to bind spektum to Flyzone
Old 01-08-2014, 12:44 PM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

as for a mistake?, if you are wanting the "bind and fly" planes sold by Eflite, Hobbyzone, and Parkzone then yea you made a mistake unless you want to switch out receivers, kind of defeats the purpose of bind and fly. But you can look at the Flyzone Tx ready planes and see if any of those interest you. I don't have any experience with flyzone so I can't speak for their quality
Old 01-09-2014, 04:13 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rgm762
as for a mistake?, if you are wanting the "bind and fly" planes sold by Eflite, Hobbyzone, and Parkzone then yea you made a mistake unless you want to switch out receivers, kind of defeats the purpose of bind and fly. But you can look at the Flyzone Tx ready planes and see if any of those interest you. I don't have any experience with flyzone so I can't speak for their quality
Bind and Fly is a marketing tool, designed to make the purchaser buy a single line of products. It's great for the supplier. Terrible for the consumer.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:33 PM
joey96

hey guys im new on rcu probably my first attempt on asking a question , I know this doesn't falls under the subject butt I couldn't realy navigate and find a forum for this question but I really hope you guys can help me out? im about to buy the flyzone sensei from towerhobbies and want to use de stock blade sr spektrum compatible transmitter the hp6dsm with the ar500 spektrum receiver, is this going to work without to many glitches cause im on a tight budget so I want to use my old hp6dsm { blade sr was my first heli } .... please guys im really stuck here

joey96
Old 01-11-2014, 05:55 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by joey96
hey guys im new on rcu probably my first attempt on asking a question , I know this doesn't falls under the subject butt I couldn't realy navigate and find a forum for this question but I really hope you guys can help me out? im about to buy the flyzone sensei from towerhobbies and want to use de stock blade sr spektrum compatible transmitter the hp6dsm with the ar500 spektrum receiver, is this going to work without to many glitches cause im on a tight budget so I want to use my old hp6dsm { blade sr was my first heli } .... please guys im really stuck here

joey96

Hi,
Just so you know. You should have started a new thread in this beginners forum outlining your question so as not to clog up this thread but no problem!
Get the Sensei RXR version plane and install the 500 receiver and bind it to the HP6. It will work BUT Do Not Fly it too far away as the 500 is only a parkflyer receiver with limited range.