Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

New old beginner coming back

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

New old beginner coming back

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:49 PM
vinnielopez
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New old beginner coming back

Ive flown before but I'm coming back. I used to fly more advanced planes but I'm going to start with a trainer again just to knock the rust off. I ordered a tower trainer because it is inexpensive and really just want to fly it for a month or so and move on. Been on the sim but as most of you know landings are nothing like the real thing. Really excited to get going again as soon as the plane comes in I will probably get it together in a day or so then go fly and start figuring out my next plane. Ive been out for a long time about 5 years ago I flew a trainer 4 or 5 times before that it was almost ten years my last 3 planes were a Goldberg cub I built an ultrastik and an Aresti.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Jason Gross

Welcome back! If you don't have your heart set on anything in particular let me recommend the Sky Raider mkII from The World Models as a good second plane for when you start getting your thumbs back. It's a low wing tail dragger that you could recycle the stuff out of your trainer into. We have about 6 or 8 of them at the club I belong to and they seem like a very nice flying, great landing little plane.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:49 PM
vinnielopez

Thanks Jason I will look into it I'm also thinking about a GP Giant stick with a gas engine because I want to go gas but I also have 3 engines here an OS 46,61, and 91 four stroke so I have engines for several planes.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:53 PM
vinnielopez

Who sells world models? the skyraider looks nice
Old 03-29-2015, 06:54 AM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.airborne-models.com/
Old 03-29-2015, 01:58 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Giant Stick is a great second model.

In your position I would find someone to buddy box you for the first flight or maybe two with each model. Just until the thumbs get dialed in again.

If not be sure and pack a big trash bag
Old 03-30-2015, 06:26 AM
vinnielopez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2DGmkoxPLw That was over 4 years ago at that time I was out 10 years or so. I stopped because 3 weeks after that my son was born and things got busy after that. But just in case I have a good friend that will buddy box me.