Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

DX9 + AR6210 + Hobbico Nexstar Trainer

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

DX9 + AR6210 + Hobbico Nexstar Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 04:12 PM
unix4linux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX9 + AR6210 + Hobbico Nexstar Trainer

Hi,

I have a Hobbico Nexstar trainer that I purchased about 3 years ago. I have never started it and just got a receiver for it today. I was wondering if anyone has an SPM file for this combo (DX9 + AR6210 + Nexstar)? If not, can someone point me in the right direction to get the flight controls set it for it? I've only been flying for about a month or so (mostly on sim) and the plane I am using is a G-Flyer Champ, since it's pretty easy. It comes RTF so I haven't had to set anything up like this in the past.

Any help is appreciated
Old 05-22-2016, 03:06 AM
jetmech05

Go to your local flying field, introduce yourself, and get with an instructor.
the sim is an ok tool to help you learn but is no subsistute for the real deal.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Calvinman

+1
Old 05-22-2016, 08:22 AM
unix4linux

My closest flying field closed. Others are too far from me so that isn't an option for me at this time. I am just trying to get some good info on the web from others on how to add the appropriate settings for my radio at this time so that I can at least start my plane up and adjust any other settings before I am ready to even fly it.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Calvinman

Allright, I am not familiar with your radio but the first place to start it to install your servo's, reciever and battery and power switch., Oh and welcome to the hobby!
Old 05-22-2016, 02:21 PM
jetmech05

There are 4 clubs around Orlando 2 of those have intro pilot program.
You can teach yourself bad habits on the sim. If you run your engine too lean you can ruin it.
This is a great hobby filled with different things to do with in the hobby, and great people as well
An instructor teaches all sorts of things from tuning an engine to flying. Your chances of learning to fly are much greater with an instructor.
Good luck
Old 05-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Calvinman

Jetmech is right, but you could start by posting some pics of your plane and equipment. There is much danger involved in the running of either a glow or electric motor by the inexperienced though, so try to hold off on running her up until you have read and reread the care and handling instructions of your power plant. Having a helper is also highly recommended. Don't start the plane at full throttle and make sure you have it tethered to something, etc etc etc. That is why it is good to have and experienced person who knows how it is done until you get up to speed. I have seen experienced flyers stick their hand through the propeller disc to disconnect the glow ignitor, so Please don't think it can't happen to you! Ask lots of questions and think everything through.

Calvi
Old 05-22-2016, 07:30 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Since you have a DX9, you can go to Spektrum's website and download setups for that transmitter. I hope you have registered the transmitter as that allows you entry into these downloads. Be sure to read the section in your manual as to downloads.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:40 AM
unix4linux

Thanks for the info, all