Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Need more space!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Need more space!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Teresa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more space!!!

How do you people store your planes?????

We moved into a bigger house in Feb because my office and hangar shared the basement and I was starting to have problems finding my desk. Now we have 1/2 of the basement for planes/workbench. It is about 14 x 18, and I get up this morning and hubby has planes hanging along the wall in the other 1/2 of the basement, they are starting to take over again!!!
Is there an easy way to store your planes that do not take up so much room. We have some racks along one wall that holds about 5 planes. I am NOT moving again due to planes
I am not complaining about the planes....since I fly too and buy most of them myself.......just need a better way to store them.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:44 AM
phread59

Default RE: Need more space!!!

Teresa, good question. Can you hang the fuses from the ceiling? If the ceiling is unfinished then you are in luck. If the ceiling is finished then it will be hard. Use 1/2" or 3/4" pvc pipe and make racks. You can attatch them to the rafters and such by using regular pipe hangers and straps. If the ceiling is finished, and has a drop ceiling, just remove the panels and put your racks up. Then cut the panels to fit. Just be sure to put the racks near the edges of the grids. If it is some other kind of ceiling then you are going to have to screw them through the ceiling to the underlying supports. good luck with the project. And welcome back.

Mark Shuman
Old 09-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Teresa

Default RE: Need more space!!!

Ceiling is finished, with sheetrock and blown finish.
Good idea though can make a coiple of suspended racks.
Right now we do have a couple of hooks in each corner and hang one plane fully assembled in each corner.
HHHHmmmmm........maybe we just have too many planes