Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Selling and shipping airplane stuff

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Selling and shipping airplane stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling and shipping airplane stuff

I am not trying to use this forum to unload my stuff, I have some honest questions regarding valuation of some things I want to list for sale.

The problem is, the plane is too big to ship (Kadet Senior). I Have that, a radio, buddy-box, field box (complete with 12v battery), all the field equpment and some extra parts.

I was thinking of selling it all together as a RTF trainer package for a student. Would I do better to part it all out and sell individual components?

How do I go about setting a fair price for this stuff?

Is it worth trying to ship it or should I sell locally only?

I don't need to sell it, so time is on my side here. I just hate to see a brand new airplane with a new 4 stroker just sitting there while I fly everything around it.

I did list it here on RCU, but it was the dead of Winter and I really did not know what to ask or even how to post a picture of it.

I really should allow this plane to find a new home where it will be enjoyed...and I will fill the void in my life with a new 35%'r.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. I just don't sell things very often. I need your help on this.

Thanks!!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Selling and shipping airplane stuff

Regarding your question about whether to part it out or sell it as a package deal, If an opportunity exists and you want to sell it all off at once, sell it as a package deal. But, from my experience and viewing other sales, you will most always make more money parting it out.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:21 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Hey, Ibrake, I flew at the SLO field on Saturday in the wind, (just a foamie). Too bad I missed ya.

I still need to know how to value this stuff. and how to post a pic of it would help. There are many more questions in the original post that I need help with...I hate selling stuff...prolly why I never do.

Thanks!!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Sneasle

You could probably make more parting it out, but time wise it would be easier to sell it as a whole. If you were closer to me I would be very interested in it as a tow plane for gliders since I am considering building a Senior or larger old timer and powering it with a 4S or large AXI.

Anyways, best of luck.

List it with the local clubs in your area. If they have a webpage/news letter, most are more then willing to put stuff in there. Also, sometimes local hobby shops are willing to display models that are for sale.

Ask around. The senior is a nice plane, there might just be someone looking to pick one up.

The last thing I can suggest is swap meets. Not always the best place, but if you ask a fair price (remember, this is a swap meet) you can make a sale.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5218588/tm.htm
see if that helps with the pictures