Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Anyone know about a Modelfly Jupiter?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Anyone know about a Modelfly Jupiter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:56 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about a Modelfly Jupiter?

Good day! I'm having a Modelfly Jupiter with a .46engine built and I didnt know alot about them, Does anyone know anything or information on this airplane?,I'm told its supposed to be pretty aerobatic and tough...
Old 11-24-2008, 04:30 PM
blhollo2

Default RE: Anyone know about a Modelfly Jupiter?

Soo no one has heard of this airplane?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:43 PM
TideFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing you might try is utilizing the " user reviews " feature. There are five reviews of the Jupiter posted there.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:28 PM
blhollo2

yeah but i need more than 5 reviews....
Old 11-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Delta3

The Italian company that makes the ARC Ready trainer also had a plane called the Jupiter. It has a plastic fuse and a foam wing covered in plastic. These took a bit of putting together but were a great plane. The Ready flew with a 46 in it not sure about the Jupiter though. I do know that the Jupiter they made was is now obsolete and they sell a similar plane called a Carosel.

Its not one of those is it?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Carosel was a 60 2 Stroke size plane while the Jupiter was a 40 / 46 size and they were made by Modelfly in Italy. They are very good fliers and when set up for it can be real aerobatic.

As far as if they are still being made I can't say but I do know that the Carosel didn't sell well in the States, possibly because it had an inverted engine and a lot of folks here don't care much for inverted engines. The Jupiter was a super plane ( I had a number of them and wish I had another one now, I liked it ) and it's a shame that all their planes didn't do better in the States. I still have a Ready and a Beaver and fly them quite often, their Cessna was also a super neat plane if you didn't stress the wings to much. They had a short wing joiner and if stresed to much they would start to buckle. None of the other ARC planes had that problem, in fact they are about as tough as a model can be made.

Just wondering, why do you need more then 5 reviews ????

I check out this site every couple days and if you have some questions about any of the ARC planes I can probably help. I also have most of the books etc. so I can probably find most answers. They are fine planes, ENJOY !!! RED
Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
red head

The Carosel was a 60 2 Stroke size plane while the Jupiter was a 40 / 46 size and they were made by Modelfly in Italy. They are very good fliers and when set up for it can be real aerobatic.

As far as if they are still being made I can't say but I do know that the Carosel didn't sell well in the States, possibly because it had an inverted engine and a lot of folks here don't care much for inverted engines. The Jupiter was a super plane ( I had a number of them and wish I had another one now, I liked it ) and it's a shame that all their planes didn't do better in the States. I still have a Ready and a Beaver and fly them quite often, their Cessna was also a super neat plane if you didn't stress the wings to much. They had a short wing joiner and if stresed to much they would start to buckle. None of the other ARC planes had that problem, in fact they are about as tough as a model can be made.

Just wondering, why do you need more then 5 reviews ????

I check out this site every couple days and if you have some questions about any of the ARC planes I can probably help. I also have most of the books etc. so I can probably find most answers. They are fine planes, ENJOY !!! RED
Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
red head

Sorry about the double post !!!! Red
Old 11-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Delta3

Hi Red,

I picked up a Ready on e-bay acouple of months ago and also have a Carousel in a box under the bed. There was a Jupiter for sale on e-bay but I missed out on that. I will try and find the e-mail contact address for you if you like. They had acouple of Jupiters and only ever saw one on e-bay. The people are located along way from you in Western Australia but if you are interested I will see what I can find out for you. I am sure I still have the paperwork at home somewhere

Delta3
Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
blhollo2

hey guys thanks for the info and input!!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:08 PM
blhollo2

YUP
Old 11-27-2008, 07:32 PM
red head

Delta3 : Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll just fly what I have for now. I have an old Jupiter that I can do some repairs to and fly.

I just liked those planes and if one came up around here close, I'd have to really think about it. I'm not big on ebay ordering etc.

As I said above, Thanks for the offer. If I can help with something on your planes just give me a holler. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
greenflash

Hi Red,

Just an FYI for you; Hobby People has the Jupiter on sale for $79. There's also a $10 off for over $100 orders coupon good till the 8th of Jan.

I have one in my cart now, haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm thinking about it as a 2nd glow plane/low wing trainer. I currently have a Cox Tailwind 40, Giles 202 and .46 motor being shipped. I have all electric planes now, and I thought that the Jupiter may be a better second glow plane than the Giles. Plus the plastic/foam construction sounds durable. BTW, I'm not too far away from you; I split my time between Delray Beach (S FL) and St Pete.

greenflash
Old 01-09-2009, 09:52 PM
red head

Greenflash:

I didn't say in my email but if you haven't flown nitro planes or haven't flown much I suggest that you go on a buddy box with a nitro plane a few times before you try the Jupiter on your own. They are not hard to fly in fact they are pretty easy, it's just different then Electric. Besides that being plastic they aren't the easiest to repair. Yes they will take some hard knocks but there is a limit !!!
ENJOY !!! RED
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Busch1981

check out this site they sell the ARC MODELFLY Arf there not a US site but they do ship world wide and they carry all of the modelfly kits
http://www.throttlestore.com
Old 10-17-2009, 12:58 AM
texaswarbird

Hey guys, pictures are like thousand words. Here is my Jupiter undergoing general maintenance. I also included some pictures when it was a newly built.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79243.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1296578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61988.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1296579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22338.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	21.3 KB