Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Super Decathlon Pics

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Super Decathlon Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super Decathlon Pics

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

Which bounce are you counting as the landing? LOL J/K looks nice, may have to look into one, have an OS 160 and smoke system without a home.
Do you think your OS 160 will fit inside the cowl w/o cutting? My latest requirement for purchasing a model is....my engines MUST fit inside the cowl w/o cutting or I won't buy. Unfortunately, it is like pulling teeth to find out the cowl widths on various models so I can make that determination.[:@]
Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Kellermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Decathlon Pics

Just stumbled over this thread when looking for Decathlons. Can´t get enough of them.

Here´s my .02 abot the ground handling problems mentioned here - and I have owned both the 1/6 GP and 1/3 scale own design versions.

What´s wrong with the GP design? Nothing except for the strip ailerons which become ineffective under a certain speed - the flying speed, not the take off speed - agree with you MINN.
Also, most model pilots either never learned or just don´t follow a basic rule when flying any highwing plane, that is, RUDDER to correct heading, THROTTLE to correct speed/descent rate. I have seen GP Decathlons tip stalling and going in on final turn because of lack of airspeed, even holding full opposite aileron.
Now the Decathlon got ONE BIG RUDDER that´s so effective you can even fly the plane without ailerons at all, like we did in early days of RC...well, almost...

Follow the rules and the SD will shw the great flying machine it is.

Take a look at my Decathlons page at marcusmodelfactory.com

Marcus