Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

trainer cord question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

trainer cord question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
kenncarleton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trainer cord question

hey all i just got a jr f400 radio this weekend and a trainer cord and we are havein a little trouble getin it to work with a computerized jr radio geting it to trim out the same any help or if any know if these radios can even work together??
Old 11-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Regent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: trainer cord question

Ken,
I don’t know if this solution will be the answer to your particular problem but it has worked for me in the past.

I have seen the situation occur where the model required a lot of trim adjustment to get it to fly straight. The quick way is just to make the trim changes on your hotshot computer transmitter and just go flying. The problem comes up when you then try to hook up a buddy box to a transmitter that does not have the same adjustment range and the master transmitter.

The solution is to make all the initial trim changes via mechanical adjustments on the model instead of making electronic adjustments from the transmitter. The end result here is to have all the trims on the TX to be centered or zero. Now minor trim changes from the buddy box TX will be within the range that can be adjusted.

One additional thought. When setting up a buddy box I always make sure that the master TX flies the model with zero trim settings. I then check that all the control surfaces move in the correct direction. Then I fine tune by repeatedly press and release the trainer button and watch for movement of the control surfaces. If for instance the elevator moves slightly when control is switched to the trainer box I then adjust the trim on the trainer box so that there is no movement. Do the same to all the other controls.

When you can switch from the master to the trainer and see no movement in the control surfaces you can go fly and the trims will be very close.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trainer cord question

I had a similar problem in that the high and low setting on he master TX were over ridden by the trainer box and all surfaces were at the high setting when using the trainer box, We fixed the problem as was suggested by the previous post and changed the control rod locations on the bell cranks. My SSE now flies pretty close to my old trainer except for not self correcting to level flight after a turn.