Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Nitro engine bypass port

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
…................................................. .........You're......preaching.............to..... ..the...........choir................ Unless you like to see ......... yourself...............type....... ....oh wait..........

................ I could only imagine what a forum .........would .... be like if you were a m.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r................................. ......

You're so adamant to prove to us how right you are... When you're the only person on this forum that has ever said anything about this bearing/dirt thing it really really makes me think. What do .............I...................... know? Science is Fact.

its amazing how hard it is for you guys to realize that maybe someone knows something about nitro engines that you do not.... that maybe if you stopped arguing you may actually learn something .........

Last edited by supertib; 01-30-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:55 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

First off, it's a glow engine or glow plug engine and not a nitro engine technically. 'Nitro engine' is marketing garb specifically in the RC car market. Yup, it's just hype, and that's a fact. Second off, if I ever encounter an engine with a gritty bearing, I'll think of your massive rant and look for packed in dirt behind the bearing. Is that .......... Better?

This place is full of kids for crying out loud. Most of the guys here probably don't know how to get a bearing out of an engine in the first place! Hell, some of them use a temp gun to tune the needles!

My suggestion to you is get over it and accept the fact that you'll never ever win 'em all. Ever.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 01-31-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:57 AM
Nitrovein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

…................................................. .........You're......preaching.............to..... ..the...........choir................ Unless you like to see ......... yourself...............type....... ....oh wait..........

................ I could only imagine what a forum .........would .... be like if you were a m.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r................................. ......

You're so adamant to prove to us how right you are... When you're the only person on this forum that has ever said anything about this bearing/dirt thing it really really makes me think. What do .............I...................... know? Science is Fact.
Well science is facts (gathered from a feeling to change something), and he's trying to help people out with facts (pictures) that he's gathered.
If you question him instead of the facts it only shows that you don't have any facts of your own, and if you would have been a man of science you would have asked him questions to educate your self. But that not easy when pride is your first priority...

Although I have to admit to not flushing bearings very often, I do find that black ring of death behind the bearing from time to time.

It would be interesting to see the equipment used to gather readings on the vacuum...
Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 AM
supertib

First off, it's a glow engine or glow plug engine and not a nitro engine technically. 'Nitro engine' is marketing garb specifically in the RC car market. Yup, it's just hype, and that's a fact. Second off, if I ever encounter an engine with a gritty bearing, I'll think of your massive rant and look for packed in dirt behind the bearing. Is that .......... Better?

This place is full of kids for crying out loud. Most of the guys here probably don't know how to get a bearing out of an engine in the first place! Hell, some of them use a temp gun to tune the needles!

My suggestion to you is get over it and accept the fact that you'll never ever win 'em all. Ever.

winter has been too long....

All I can say is obviously this bypass port thing is not something you have any personal experience with... you have never changed a gritty bearing, nor have you ever seen a engine with a gritty dirty bearing.....also you have not tested the before and after results of blocking the bypass.....so for all intents and purposes you do not have any personal experience at all with the topic of this thread.............

By contrast I have photographed and documented several dozen engines with dirty gritty bearings......I have tested the before and after multiple times, on multiple different engines.. with the same results each time..I have documented and photographed these results..........spanning over the last 24 months............ I have blocked the bypass on roughly 700 engines to date , and held warranty over those engines..... I have blocked the bypass of roughly 200 NOvarossi P5's...and sold another 200 of them where I did not block the bypass....held warranty over both ....So I know very well what the bypass does, and what happens when its left open and what happens when it is blocked off....

Last edited by supertib; 01-31-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Anthoop

Well, perhaps I do not have enough experience/skill/whatever to have come across dirt behind the bearing....or maybe I am lucky....but the fact remains that I have not.

I post mostly as an attempt to help others, but here I was hoping to have a discussion with someone with far greater experience than myself on a subject where I had different results. Sadly it is not turning out that way and I feel as though we are being told rather than conversed with.

I do agree totally that no actual damage will be caused to the engine by blocking the drilling, the only possible negative (I can think of) would be the front leaking oil (out)....not a really a problem unless it is getting flicked onto the brake or finding a way into the clutch.

So for one last time I will ask you Neal "Do you think that the drilling should not be there"?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:22 AM
supertib

Originally Posted by Anthoop
Well, perhaps I do not have enough experience/skill/whatever to have come across dirt behind the bearing....or maybe I am lucky....but the fact remains that I have not.

I post mostly as an attempt to help others, but here I was hoping to have a discussion with someone with far greater experience than myself on a subject where I had different results. Sadly it is not turning out that way and I feel as though we are being told rather than conversed with.

I do agree totally that no actual damage will be caused to the engine by blocking the drilling, the only possible negative (I can think of) would be the front leaking oil (out)....not a really a problem unless it is getting flicked onto the brake or finding a way into the clutch.

So for one last time I will ask you Neal "Do you think that the drilling should not be there"?

I do not think it should be there......
Old 01-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Anthoop

So, I have to ask why you do not design your own engine and get it made? You have more than enough experience....things like extra drillings come at a cost....if you could cut cost and make a better engine.....
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 AM
supertib

So, I have to ask why you do not design your own engine and get it made? You have more than enough experience....things like extra drillings come at a cost....if you could cut cost and make a better engine.....
cost vs market demand............the cost to develop said engine is very high, and the market is already very flooded............I Am confident I could post strong initial sales, but fear long term popularity...As it seems engines come and go like a fad, whats hot this year is passe the next....The capital investment fr me to do my own engine line starts at $100 000.00 , and that is using an already existing case.......... for me to to develop my own case I would double the initial investment cost...........If Horizon hobbies with all their resource and distribution couldn't keep a engine brand afloat I have little dreams of me be able to keep my ow afloat....... Now I have been in talks with several engine manufactuers, but I am not financially at the point I can spare a 150K.....
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Anthoop

I agree engines come and go...every season needs some new blurb..........you know how it works....give a bone.
I would also say that your intital sales would be good...but any new venture is a gamble...
Old 01-31-2014, 10:11 AM
supertib

I agree engines come and go...every season needs some new blurb..........you know how it works....give a bone.
I would also say that your intital sales would be good...but any new venture is a gamble...
and I am nowhere near wealthy enough to gamble with the kind of money......
Old 01-31-2014, 10:19 AM
Anthoop

Originally Posted by supertib
and I am nowhere near wealthy enough to gamble with the kind of money......
So, (miles fom the topic), I do encourage you to look at your company...investors...market share....projections...there are ways to do many things...research it all...
Old 01-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Nitrovein

The capital investment fr me to do my own engine line starts at $100 000.00 , and that is using an already existing case..........
I'm not sure on how you made your "Proto", but getting that one in to production series for you to sell couldn't be that kind of money, or is it..? Or did you mean your own brand?
Because then a hole more or less couldn't be any huge cost, although it probably would cost more as production would need resetting for a crankcase without a hole.

The reason I'm asking is because of Murnans different engine lines (RB Offroad), as well his own Track engine (M21). I couldn't see that he is a bigger name then you...

Sorry for getting a bit OT...
Old 01-31-2014, 07:37 PM
supertib

Originally Posted by Nitrovein
I'm not sure on how you made your "Proto", but getting that one in to production series for you to sell couldn't be that kind of money, or is it..? Or did you mean your own brand?
Because then a hole more or less couldn't be any huge cost, although it probably would cost more as production would need resetting for a crankcase without a hole.

The reason I'm asking is because of Murnans different engine lines (RB Offroad), as well his own Track engine (M21). I couldn't see that he is a bigger name then you...

Sorry for getting a bit OT...

From everything I know those engines are a collection of already existing RB parts.....Just put together in a unique combination..... What I was looking at doing is my own unique brand with my own unique sleeve designs ....most factories want a minimum order of 500 engines to make a unique product............ However to get a small batch of already existing parts engines with custom laser etching is much less money......
Old 02-01-2014, 04:42 AM
Nitrovein

From everything I know those engines are a collection of already existing RB parts.....Just put together in a unique combination..... What I was looking at doing is my own unique brand with my own unique sleeve designs ....most factories want a minimum order of 500 engines to make a unique product............ However to get a small batch of already existing parts engines with custom laser etching is much less money......
Yeah, lot of that going on... It's kind of funny, every year they release a new engine, and only the graphics is different, BUT during the year they do running changes on the same part/-number...
If we look at the history, I think one of the reasons Tecnopower went south was due to releasing to many engines at the same time... RB on the other hand is most likely selling a sh*t load more of their Blast then their BX line... And a brand like Picco is likely doing most of their profit by making engines for different brands and there by keeping the risk to a minimum...
So I guess it's better to go with "Tuned by..." , instead of "Made by..."
Old 02-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Barracuz

If you have a really good idea that can help racers or engine fanatics in any aspect of engine operation, spread the word. Of course with this topic of bypass port sealing and how it affects bearings, no offense, is worthless. Crankbearings are only 10 bucks a set, doesnt really hurt your wallet.

But If you really want to innovate the rc world go towards forced induction... or custom coooling heads, custom lentgth exhaust to make diffrent tones, eye candy is the way to go in this hobby.

I've always wanted some type of crankshaft where the crank pin is adjustable. That way I can adjust timing to my needs. Or adjustable cam profiles for 4 strokes.

Also what modifications do you do to engines. $150 seems a lot to the average rc driver wanting some kick out of their stock engines...
Old 02-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Nitrovein

Originally Posted by Barracuz
If you have a really good idea that can help racers or engine fanatics in any aspect of engine operation, spread the word. Of course with this topic of bypass port sealing and how it affects bearings, no offense, is worthless. Crankbearings are only 10 bucks a set, doesnt really hurt your wallet.

But If you really want to innovate the rc world go towards forced induction... or custom coooling heads, custom lentgth exhaust to make diffrent tones, eye candy is the way to go in this hobby.

I've always wanted some type of crankshaft where the crank pin is adjustable. That way I can adjust timing to my needs. Or adjustable cam profiles for 4 strokes.

Also what modifications do you do to engines. $150 seems a lot to the average rc driver wanting some kick out of their stock engines...
The big problem isn't the bearing, but the dirt the engine ingest.

Adjustable crank pin is possible with an hacksaw, welding equipment and a d**n good eye! (I guessed you were joking anyhow... )
Old 02-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Barracuz

No I meant it...
Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 PM
supertib

I am going to take my own advice over yours....

Last edited by supertib; 02-01-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Nitrovein

No I meant it...
Sorry!..

Last edited by Nitrovein; 02-01-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Barracuz

What advice? Who am I to give advice to a man who has years of experience.

Those are just personal comments.

No need to apoligize lol. It's just an idea I have, pretty practical..I think
Old 02-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Nitrovein

It's just that I didn't see the practical in it, the idea that is, a thought can be very practical.
A couple of extra crankshafts isn't that expensive, if you for some odd reason need to change the timing in that way.
Just getting the crank to hold together will be something, if you succeed, that the Nobel committee would look closer on. The G-forces is mind blowing inside these engines.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:41 AM
supertib

What advice? Who am I to give advice to a man who has years of experience.

Those are just personal comments.

I am just not sure if what you say is serious, or if you are just joking around ?

Last edited by supertib; 02-02-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Barracuz

Well bro sorry if I did. I really didn't mean what I said to be taken as advice. Even if I did I wouldnt expect you to take it anyway.

I'm just another kid in the hobby... What do I know
Old 02-03-2014, 05:08 AM
supertib

Well bro sorry if I did. I really didn't mean what I said to be taken as advice. Even if I did I wouldnt expect you to take it anyway.

I'm just another kid in the hobby... What do I know

Well if the ladies don't find you handsome, at least they will find you handy !.......
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Nitrovein

Well if the ladies don't find you handsome, at least they will find you handy !.......
Next generation for the Red Green show!..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.