Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

4-stroke for RC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 04:27 PM
hexonxonx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4-stroke for RC?

i bought the o.s.40 a couple of years ago and have had it in a pirate 10 and then an ofna lx gt.the pirate 10 would wheelie (locked center diff with silly putty)but wore out the drive train quickly.the 1/8th LX-GT was much more fun with the thunder tiger .21.
the biggest discouragement was the cost of puting a clutch on the motor.it cost almost as much as the motor for the clutch parts.and i have not found a suitable gear ratio yet for the 1/8th scale.i think it could use a 25-26 tooth clutch bell.i found some thread on gears for kyosho but i have had it with the expence of this project .if i must have it i must make it.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:40 PM
GianPaolo

I'm new to rc cars so ignore my ignorence.

So with a 4 stroke you will have better acceleration with the torque it provides but a 2 stroke is better to have to reach a great top speed correct???
Old 10-30-2004, 08:17 PM
CRAZY BOUT RC

I think u have it backwards but thats what i think. But who in the hell is gonna listen 2 me?.I'm way big into dirtbikes too so thats why i think i might b right
Old 11-30-2004, 10:40 PM
mo1digger

mo1digger here, I raced off road motorcycles for 23 yrs mostly 4strokes. I'am to banged
up to do that any more. So I just bought my self a new T-max 2.5 2 strokesare ok, but I would like pop a .26 or .40, th e later of the two would be more to my liking. There is no subsitute
for horsepower espicely when it comes to a four stoke. Mybe the rules could be like in moto-X.
were the 250's run with 125's and ect. Please some one help us fourstoke Lovers out