Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Idles, but More throttle quits

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:38 PM
toughitaliankid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idles, but More throttle quits

I have been running cars and planes for 20 years and I have never had a motor this stubborn. My Torq .21 will start and idle with no problem, but thats where the problem starts. I have replaced all orings and gaskets as it has been sitting for almost 2 years. I replaced the front crank shaft bearing cause I had a small leak when I did a compression test. Anyway, I put this guy back together, reset my needles and the damn things cuts out when I feed it more than 1/4 throttle. New plug, new fuel, etc... I was trying to run the HSN at 2 1/2 to 1 turns out as noted in the manual, and the LSN at 1.5 turns out from flush. Anybody have any ideas as to why it would cut when the throttle advances!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Idles, but More throttle quits

I have a motor that does that too. So what I do is get it close to good and then try a little bit fatter and see what happens and if that does not work try a little leaner and I mean the turn the screw just a hair and you will find it. If you go rich and it falls on it face then you know that it's not that way so go lean and do it like i said just little turns at a time and you will find the sweet place it likes to run at.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
j_blaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Idles, but More throttle quits

Try leaner