Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Carden Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Just need the cowl mounting procedure for the 35% Edge

Community
Search
Notices
Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

Just need the cowl mounting procedure for the 35% Edge

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just need the cowl mounting procedure for the 35% Edge

Hi,
I never got a copy of the instructions but then the airplane kind of builds itself. So, the only thing left to do before the beginning of the endless process of finishing is to mount the cowl. Can somebody please jot down the Carden suggested method for this last formal step. Once that's finished its break out the sandpaper and filler, shape down all the edges, fill, sand, cover and paint.

Thank You,
Mark

I understand how a woman can have five closets of nothing to wear. I have 14 airplanes and nothing to fly. The obsession continues.

Actually, once this divorce is done I'm seriously going to whittle down my airplane collection and concentrate on the serious stuff like 50cc and 100cc gassers and of course pattern and artistic stuff. One good funflyer is also mandatory. I'm also going to design (with some aide by a couple of graphists) a 50cc F3A-Artistic with a modern wing along the lines of the ZN Majestic but more 3D capable. The fuse shall be all wood, loosely based on the Carden design which comes from traditional building methods with modern materials to make straight building easier. The front end will be designed specifically with cannister in mind, airflow and cooling. Wings will be either built-up or foam depending on whether or not I can enlist a perhaps interested party. Same on empanage. Wood wings will be plug in open structure with D form and i beam. Empanage can be flat or airfoiled. Hmm, that is for later. The canopy may be fiberglass or plastic, again, dependant on the same as the wings. The rough specs are from 220cm by 210 wingspan to 230x220, depending on motor box, cowl and rudder design and final weight goal which is 7 kilos. I plan on doing plugs and molds for canopy and cowl. The goal is to achieve a scratch builders plan for a modern style pattern hybrid for a 50cc that does not result in in a square box with wings (like that Double Vision fuselage that weighs a ton) but a beautifully rounded fuselage that is built over the plans using traditional methods while employing a modern structure that saves weight and increases ridgidity and strength. Builders skill level will be high but not impossible for the average builder who has patience and understands full wood structures. The basic plan is hoped to be completed for building next winter. This is the only mention I'll make about this until I start cutting wood, I spend more time in the shop these days than behind the PC and it always seems to be for somebody else.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
edmoor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just need the cowl mounting procedure for the 35% Edge

[&o]
Old 09-10-2009, 04:32 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just need the cowl mounting procedure for the 35% Edge

There's sites around that show detail procedures of all the building procedures of Cardens. Check out the other big site, go to build threads, pick out a Carden build and look over the info, you'll find all your answers there better described in photo's by a lot of talented builders....Walt