Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

.28 in a funfactor? oh dear....

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

.28 in a funfactor? oh dear....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .28 in a funfactor? oh dear....

I'm still here. The new biz is keeping me bizzy. You guys did something bad to me. My little home shop, turned into a day job with big, expensive machines!!! You can see what I'm up to at:

www.a-lmotorsports.com

It's a big jump from R&D Chemist, to machinist.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That is so cool, congratulations mate. Absolutely made up to see that it took off for you and also that you are still around on the forum. Hope the orders come thick and fast for you.[)]
Old 04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
poor judgement

Dustin - the S800 is looking for a clutch master cylinder again - dont trust the guy who supplied the last 2 at £400 each... last time I ran it up, it sounded like it was down on 2 cylinders - theyre famed for head gasket issues, so I shut the door on that for a bit Im afraid. CRX has priority at the mo. As for a transplant, theres a couple of S2000 lumps found their way into that not so little engine bay and trans tunnel in a couple of US cars, and a guy over here is in the process right now. Simpler than youd imagine to do, and a proper ladder chassis to bolt it to is hiding under there. Your MG sounds equally insane - best of luck with that. Bonkers mate. Best way. Give me a shout if you get stuck/over charged for bits over there.

Tony - wow man, it all got a bit out of hand eh? So glad to see that. Im in with a few Honda clubs over in the UK, if theres any advertising or info I can help you with, give me a shout too.

Its like a school reunion. But who are we missing?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Scouser

CEN Racing as usual?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:39 PM
azzman

Hi all...........
The FF is still in the cupboard, just about due for a dustoff, i think it just needs a new steering servo, some electronics and it should be a go-er, its in the guise of a single speed, OS.12 setup, which goes well and is the setup for longevity.

Congrats Tony on the machine shop, really good to hear and I hope it all goes well for you.

I have been kept pretty busy with the arrival of my boy Austin, 3 months ago, but it hasnt stopped be building my latest RC, a Axial AX-10 Scorpion Rock Crawler...

Great to hear from you all...[)]
Old 04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that was most of the old group, but I know there were others..... Azzman, congrats on the new addition, I have a few new ones myself.. Tony.. How on earth did you go from a few shock towers and wheel hexes to victory motorcycle parts.. Good job and good luck on the new career.. being a chemist was overrated anyway.. Tony.. I still have those wheel hexes you sold me a while back.. they are on display in my shop.. They are too pretty to use.. I'm not joking.. Actually.. I have used them on my rustler when I want to run the t-maxx wheels on them..
Old 05-05-2008, 02:30 AM
ppacy

Good to see all the boys are still around. After about a year off from RC, I got back in the game.
My old FF is in the proccess of being converted to electric and from the parts I had laying around I build a Magnum NX (cheap base of ebay).
Of course NX is running with Hyper .21 engine, Mugen CVDs and ARO shock towers. Just finished braking-in engine on Saturday.
I'll post pictures when I have the electric completed.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 AM
cenracer1

Yeh..still around.. Just into other things as well.. I have a few gassers now and Heli's, but can't forget the old FF... into brushless electrics as well, My god those things are fast.. my brushless Rustler is faster than any nitro I have except the Nitro 4-tec...
Old 05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Scouser

I am racing electrics now aswell. Got 8th in the NW Regional last year in 4wd and curently 10th after two rounds this year. Racing the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 mainly but give the Hotbodies D4 a few rounds aswell.
Cenracer, you tried the brushless with Li-Po batteries? Now THAT is fast!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:21 PM
The Hybrid

I just started restoring a MT2 myself...go check out my thread...
Old 09-17-2010, 10:19 AM
poor judgement

Evening folks, anyone still around?

Im selling up all my CEN RC bits along with the mental .30 Funfactor. The centre diff rolling chassis is also going along with plenty of spares - OS18CVRX a few setc of wheels, gears, diffs, etc. Got to go through it all and see whats what.

If theres anything in particular people would like from this or other large threads of my builds/messing about, give me a shout on here. The lot will be going on ebay soon.

I mean it this time!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Come on now PJ, I'm pretty sure we've heard that one before. lol

Still have that sweet Honda?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 PM
alvinl

Poor Judgement, nice to see you post up. Hate to see you sell all your CEN stuff, you have a lot of custom work into your stuff. Post up pics of the lot first if you don't mind, I might be interested in the .28 FunFactor and the .18cvrx. If you don't want to post pics, pm me and I will send you my email address. Makes me want to pull my FunFactor off the shelf and see if it still runs. Take care PJ.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 PM
poor judgement

Hi.

Aye, I still have both the S800 and the CRX, both are well. The S800 doesnt see much of the road, english weather and all that, besides the CRX is much more fun, especially on the rather nice suspension setup I got from your side of the pond.

All the CEN stuff is really for sale, I do mean it this time. Honestly I do. Its a bit painful, but I wont miss it once its gone as I dont do any RC stuff any more. Bare in mind though that Im in the UK and postage will be very expensive to the States, especially for a full truck.

As you say, there are "custom" parts on the .28 (actually a .30 now of course) but some of the parts are functional rather than pretty. Ill get some photos posted up for you.

I have 2 full sets of wishbones for both the Rally and MT setup, an OS 1030 pipe, some 12-17mm hex adapters in plastic, some Imex Romulins with brick pins on, 1/8 buggy wheels with tyres, a selection of spurs and pinions of course, the slightly used Escudo shell cut to fit the Rally setup, stock shafts and a few other useful bits. The 28/30 chassis was simply put away after its last outing, it needs the rear shafts replacing (TMaxx mod shafts if I remember rightly, its all on here either way) and the centre shafts cup has fallen off the shaft by the brake, other than that I think its ready to go, high torque/high speed metal geared servos are in there I think, all CEN upgrades incl hardened diff gears, metal spurs etc etc, as per all the stuff done to it in this thread.

Good to see some people are still around, hope all is well with you guys.

EDIT - The forum wont accept photos at the moment for some reason, Ill try it again later or tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:43 PM
poor judgement

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38519.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1503532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20551.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1503533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66336.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1503534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu58692.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1503535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr93318.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1503536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc48590.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1503537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Df73101.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1503538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sr60494.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1503539  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec58104.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1503540  
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
azzman

Hi all!!!!!!!
Im still alive...
Have another child on the way...due 2nd Jan
All my RC stuff is gone except for the Fun Factor...its in pieces in the cupboard! Will resurect it one day...

Into Drift Triking now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm9zPkwokco

Old 09-24-2010, 06:06 AM
Scouser

It's alive.....ALIVE!!!
Hey all, how's things? I am still racing the electrics, just starting on the 1:16th scale Tamiyas for the Winter. My FF is still safe and sound here but has been relieved of a few parts that I needed at short notice! The JT chassis has gone but the Dr Honda shock towers are still proudly in place.
I too am a daddy now, just the one but that is still enough to keep me busy!!
Trying to restore a Toyota Mark II from the 80's that is draining me of more money than I care to calculate. Good to see some of the old names floating about. Strange to see that CEN has decided to ditch the forum, I am sureit gets more traffic than their own!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 PM
cenracer1

Its almost like a reunion around here... Like I said before I got rid of all my FF stuff a couple of years ago, Kept the name however.. Still have a bunch of R/C, just no Cen..Really into the brushless stuff this go round... Faster than anything I've driven before and alot easier to work on...
Old 09-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Scouser

ORIGINAL: cenracer1

Its almost like a reunion around here... Like I said before I got rid of all my FF stuff a couple of years ago, Kept the name however.. Still have a bunch of R/C, just no Cen..Really into the brushless stuff this go round... Faster than anything I've driven before and alot easier to work on...
Agreed mate, tons of torque and no mess.
The thing I like the most about the electrics, is that when you switch the power on, the car actually works. The nitro was a PITA when you had to adjust the settings because the humidity changed!! It did use to be fun round here though, seeing what mad modification was coming next. It's good to see everyone is still pottering about with their r/c's.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
cenracer1

I still keep a couple of Traxxas nitro's around.. T-maxx and Nitro 4-tec. They run OS motors and are easy to deal with.. brushless is definately easier, but it has its own issues.. Lipo's are not the easiest batteries to deal with and the electronics can be flaky at times.. I still love the sound of nitro and will always have them... Not crazy about the sounds of electric brushless.. Reminds me of the dentist drill.. My Rustler sounds scary when its going flat out..
Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A reunion indeed.
I still have the MT2 sitting in a box I havent ran it in years but have been thinking about restoring it. I have been doing some 2 stroke boat, electric rock crawlers and planes mostly.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
cenracer1

I keep seeing a few Cen's around and keep thinking of buying another one.. then the wife reminds me of all the cursing and complaining while I was modifying the truck.. I have a few pictures of it in my shop.. Its still one of my most favorite trucks.. Thats why I kept the name..
Old 01-30-2011, 03:35 AM
Scouser

I am working on mine right now! I had forgotten how easy it is to strip these things down. Or maybe it's just that I did it that ofetn years ago, it is like second nature now!! I am going to stick a new set of buggy shocks on and give it a thrash round this summer I think. I better be careful though, spares in the UK are pretty much non existant now.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My MT2 is currently stripped down to a roller in the most literal sense of the word. I had to cannibalize the OS engine and radio gear for my NTC3, with the exception of the steering servo, which I yanked out because it's got a chipped gear which makes it wander around like it's drunk. Not that the truck needs any help with that, what with bearing wear and all.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

My .28 CEN is still one of my favourite RC's and still gets used more often than any of the others. It's wicked fast and I haven't broken any parts in forever.

Thanks to all of you guys for doing the hard work and research for me to copy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.