Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Airtronics / Sanwa MX3 FM 3 CH Radio Swap Program

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Airtronics / Sanwa MX3 FM 3 CH Radio Swap Program

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:00 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics / Sanwa MX3 FM 3 CH Radio Swap Program

thats some good news!

anyone priced up the shipping yet?

and is there any difference in the frequencies used in the US compared to the UK?

if theres no issues there then my radio is going over too.

many thanks for listening CenRacing.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 PM
topfuel

ORIGINAL: rolland

Mine installed just fine without any problems. I plugged in some of my Airtronics, Hitec, XTM, CEN, and Traxxas servos just to check and had no problems with the connectors.
If you had gone out and boughten an MX3 radio from you LHS it would have came with the same RX.
As far as needing a " Z adapter" the radio does have a servo reversing option.
My only problem with the MX3 is the poor quality manual, which isn't CEN's fault.

rolland

I just recieved mine today and I have the same issue that benifur had. It is a "Z" receiver and the servos and failsafe plugs are too large to fit. I will now have to buy 4 of these http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLX67&P=V to make it work. If your's worked you must have received a different receiver than I did.

Bill
Old 07-11-2005, 11:04 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No mine is a Z reciever also. The CEN servo plug was a little tight but went in fine and the Hitec servo was just fine. A little tight is better than to loose. The only problem that I had was with the battery switch plug and all I had to do was trim a little bit of of the side with a hobby knife.
Personally if it was me I would sand or trim the servo plugs to fit. If a little bit at a time is taken off their should be no problem getting them to fit.

rolland
Old 07-13-2005, 01:58 PM
SejR/C

ORIGINAL: poor judgement

thats some good news!

anyone priced up the shipping yet?

and is there any difference in the frequencies used in the US compared to the UK?

if theres no issues there then my radio is going over too.

many thanks for listening CenRacing.
Hi PJ
Shipping my old radio systen from Denmark to the States was DKK 108 equal 10 Pounds Sterling.
I hope return is abt the same...
I have made remarks to CEN to ship 27 or 40 mhz system which is legal bands for r/c cars in Denmark.
Also I have asked them to mark package "replacement goods - exempt from duty and vat" - owise I will be paying 30-40 pct tax here in Denmark when my SANWA arrives.
So can only hope my wishes will be fullfilled.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:06 PM
poor judgement

thanks sej, thats brilliant. i would be interested how u do with customs etc. ive just had an issue with another manufacturer marking internationally mailed parcels incorrectly, and me having to foot the bill...

so am i right in thinking that the uk/european radios should be 27mhz for AM and 40mhz for FM? and is this the same in the US?

just dont fancy my truck or car makin a run for it when someone sends a text message...
Old 07-14-2005, 12:49 AM
SejR/C

PJ, re marking goods guess there is always a risk. Gotta take that chance
Re channels, must admit dunno too much abt bands n mhz so cant help you there. Actually when stating 27 and 40 for DK that's both for AM. I was assuming it is the same for FM....[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif] - Guess time will show...
Old 07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

I just got my new RX every thing fit's, tight but fit's. Luck of the draw I guess. It looks exactlly like the other one but this one is fine.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:27 PM
rolland

Yes the plugins are a little tight. You have to take your time to make them fit and don't force them. The reason that they are to tight is beyond me, maybe Airtronics designed them that way, if so I think they need to re-think their design.

I am glad that you managed to get it to work it really is a good radio and it works so much better than the stock one.

rolland
Old 07-14-2005, 11:10 PM
benifur

I was amazed at the differants while I waited I put a old Futaba AM in out of my Traxxas in it and it still didn't steer very good (slow responce just like the stock stuff) with this Airtronics stuff (I have a plane that has airtronic's it works real well) it truns good I'm going to put a better servo in it but WOW what a diff unbeilevable.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:20 PM
benifur

You know that was kind of my point in my frist post why did they give us such a whimpy TX&RX with such a bad ***** truck???????????????????????????????????????? alls well that ends well I had it out tonight it's working dang good I'm happy WOT!!!....
Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that the US frequencies are 27mhz or 75mhz. When ordering your radio make sure its the 27mhz one, as 75mhz is a military frequency in the UK.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:47 AM
rolland

I know that was probably the point of your first post. But you can't necessarily blame CEN because Airtronics made the Rx. If you were to go out and buy an MX3 it would have the Z Rx and you would still have the same problem but you would have spent alot more. All of the MX3's that I have seen in the stores and online have all had the Z Rx's.

rolland
Old 08-01-2005, 03:09 PM
rolland

This is on the third page so,
BTT

rolland
Old 08-01-2005, 04:35 PM
CEN Racing

Hey guys,

First off, thanks to everyone for the group effort on troubleshooting the radio issues on here. We really appreciate your efforts and its clearly creating a positive situation.

With regards to the Servo/batt leads not fitting into the receiver benifur was correct. They shouldn't fit. When we put them into the trucks here at the U.S. office we give them a thorough shaving (something that is done quite often in place of replacing the actual plugs). It was an oversight on our part not to mention this necessity, but its done so frequently and without hesitation in the racing world that we failed to think of mentioning it, and for that I apologize. I'm glad that everything is working out for all of you (for the time being) with the swaps and I'll be here to answer any questions you may have regarding how they function. Thank you for your continued support guys/gals.

*Please, to anyone that is about to or has recently radio swapped remember, you must shave the edges of the servo/batt plugs to make them fit. Forcing them could damage them so please take time to take off enough material that they go in with just a good push. (They also may sit at a bit of an angle. Do not be alarmed, they'll be fine)

Best Regards,
CEN Customer Service
Old 08-05-2005, 05:53 PM
benifur

Thank You Cen Racing for validating my complant. There's somebody in this forum that owes me an apology.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:36 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Benifur... I will apologize to you... I had to shave my plugs, but as Cen Racing said, I expected that was the case... I have an airtronics radio for one of my airplanes, so I was familiar with them... Hope your truck is running as good as mine is with the new radio......................NEXT
Old 08-05-2005, 08:55 PM
alvinl

Has anyone sent in their stock radios for the upgraded ones? How long did it take CEN to get the replacment to you?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:09 PM
benifur

It took about a week and a 1/2 .
Old 08-06-2005, 12:21 AM
rolland

benifur, I will not apologize if you re read your first couple of posts on this thread I hope you will understand why.

rolland
Old 08-06-2005, 02:47 AM
Jeremy Felles

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the radios are on the 27band frequency. Should we happen to get anything else in I'll be sure to make everyone aware that only the 27s are to be shipped out of the U.S.

No Worries,
Jeremy
CEN Customer Service
Old 08-07-2005, 10:15 AM
benifur

It's not just me. None of the hobby shops here will have anything to do with CEN. If you think I've had bad things to say about them you should hear the HOROR storys they tell me. The one store Cen claims is the local distributor. Has no idea where they got that he want's nothing to do with them wont even try to order me part because of past experiance's with them (all bad). He thinks they just picked his shop out of the phone book with out his permision and he's not happy about it..
SORRY all you cen lovers, but my Genesis is the shelf queen. I found a source for part's but only stock (online) The hobby shops here WILL NOT EVEN ORDER PARTS FROM CEN. So what does that tell you? I have had ever nut and bolt out of the thing and there isn't enough room in here to list the thing's that where put together WRONG. shims missing or in the wrong spot, 3rd gear was crank down so thight that one of the springs was crushed. That was out of the box. Like I said before ,RTR for CEN means ready to repair. I have never thought it was rite that you have to sill a engine up before you ever even try to start it but I do it just to be sure. But to have to rebuild the whole truck GIVE ME A BREAK that ain't rite. I have 5 nito MT, 2 buggies, 4 ele. MTs and 2 airplanes none of these where as big a pain as the Genesis. And I'm building a rockcrawler from scratch (no kit). I'm a machinist, 50yr's old so I've been around the block a few time I'm not a idiot. If I am I get paid pretty well for it. There is nothing mechanical I can't fix.
Did you read the post about what Ken Wo said about us white boys here in the U.S.A. maybe it's a lie but it sure hit hard. It was only here for a day then Cen deleted it and really had no reply. Something very wrong is going on in the company.
SO I'm out of here. If you want to give me s**t you'll have to PM me. jezzzzzz it took cen over a month to respond to my post. Yes sir they are on the ball. LMFAO!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:14 PM
cenracer1

Guess what, I was going to give you a break, but I retract my appology.. You truly are a baby... Goodbye
Old 08-08-2005, 01:12 AM
rolland

Bye Bye.

On a side note about CEN. The company has made a 180 degree turn from where they were on year ago. Their previous sale reps really didn't do them any favors and because of this alot of LHS's wont do business with them. Unfortunately they have some damage control to do but if they keep going like they have been it will get better.

rolland
Old 08-08-2005, 06:59 AM
cenracer1

My radio made at across the country in about a week... I was surprised at the quick service... 3 days there and 3 days back... They also took care of a few warranty issues without any complaints... I have several hobby stores that carry cen products and getting parts is really not any effort... Also, many on-line hobby stores carry the parts and their service is excellent......
Old 08-08-2005, 05:31 PM
azzman

Just got my new radio today, man that was good service, less than 9 days turnaround from when I sent my old set, and dont forget Im in New Zealand. They also sorted out some warrantee parts aswell with no worries.
I too can see a marked improvement in CENs customer service. Thanks Ken and Jeremy who I dealt with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.