Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

gst 7.7 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
devo208

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gst 7.7 ?????

is my gst 7.7 so powerfull that i cant run it on the black top. It seems that everytime i run it on the street something in the drivetrain brakes, off road its fine but on road something always gives. Anyone else have that problem.

POWER IS EVERYTHING.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
SOILWORK

Default RE: gst 7.7 ?????

ORIGINAL: devo208

is my gst 7.7 so powerfull that i cant run it on the black top. It seems that everytime i run it on the street something in the drivetrain brakes, off road its fine but on road something always gives. Anyone else have that problem.

POWER IS EVERYTHING.

What parts are you breaking? I know the plastic slider shaft is a weak link in the drivetrain, You can upgrade to the Nemesis diffs and driveshaft
Old 08-10-2007, 01:15 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Nemesis Diffs and Front Drive Shaft are common(And Needed IMO) upgrades. The GST is essentially the same as the Genesis LE with a Nemesis tranny case for the MTM breaks. The Center diff is in fact the Genesis Diff with spacers to fit in the nemesis case, so you will have the same problems in the drivetrain(tho not many) as the Genesis LE. I have a list of part #'s of what it would take to convert to the Steel front drive shaft if you need them(I'm at work so it will be this evening when I can post them)
Old 08-10-2007, 08:18 PM
devo208

thank u dogman, i also broke one of my rear drive cups on take off on fresh blacktop
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 PM
The Real Dogman

part numbers for the nemesis front steel drive shaft conversion:

1. GS093 X 1PC=Drive Cup
2. GS094 X 1PC=Brake Drive Cup
3. GS219 X 1PC=Front Propeller
4. GS029 X 1PC=Differential Drive Cup I think the one you broke

Old 08-10-2007, 09:49 PM
SOILWORK

Thanks fot the list TRD' I'm am going to need theese parts for my GST when I pick it up!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 AM
thurlow

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

The Nemesis Diffs and Front Drive Shaft are common(And Needed IMO) upgrades. The GST is essentially the same as the Genesis LE with a Nemesis tranny case for the MTM breaks. The Center diff is in fact the Genesis Diff with spacers to fit in the nemesis case, so you will have the same problems in the drivetrain(tho not many) as the Genesis LE. I have a list of part #'s of what it would take to convert to the Steel front drive shaft if you need them(I'm at work so it will be this evening when I can post them)
Ok so whats the difference between the Nemi diffs and the GST ones. Are the Nemi diffs THAT much better, or is it just the steel front driveshaft that makes the difference?. My GST is still in limbo anyway, so if i need the Nemi diffs i might as well do it now.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:38 AM
SOILWORK

The diff gearbox on the Nemesis is alloy while the diff gear box on the GST is plastic. The Nemesis diffs also have the larger cups for the steel driveshaft.
Attached Images   
Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 AM
The Real Dogman

Thurlow, The Nemesis diffs are beefier in construction, they have an aluminum case and housing the outdrive cups are heavier and the outdrive bearings are larger. They are getting harder to find the 'Bay but you can order them from CEN Direct without the Pinion as the pinion is the same as the Genesis, But CEN was wise in using the same bulkheads on the GST so you wont need those all you need are the Diff Kits..

[link=http://www.cenracingdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=373]CEN Direct Nemesis Front And Rear Diff[/link]

[link=http://www.customrccars.com/product_temp_trial.asp?id=1555&cat=21&custom=0]Custom RC Parts Nemesis Front Or Rear Diff[/link]
Old 08-13-2007, 09:16 AM
jombo

i always saw those parts at custom rc but i thought it was 70.00 for just the aluminum case[X(] any who i havent broken anything on the genesis except the axle the nemesis broke the drive cup after doing donuts. i believe when you put silicone oil in the "breaking ' issues would go away mine did.
these are some solid trucks i went to a sand pit yesterday and the only truck that didnt have issues was the genny le (didnt bring the nemesis)the savage the one way bearing failed the mgt the turnbuckle in the real broke and the lst2 well that was my fault i changed motors and didnt set up the linkages rightand didnt bring a screw driver [:@].
Old 08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
devo208

i did use silicon oil in all my diff. and havent nothing broke yeh. I had my gst out in the park the other day and it cleaned everybodys clock, it was no stopping it. all that work i done on it paided off. I'm getting a nemisis next YEH cen.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD GET WHEELIE BARS FOR MY GST FROM