Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN CUSTERMER SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
jfannnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN CUSTERMER SERVICE

Well what fun is my brand new straight out of the box Matrix 1/8 buggy that has a bad servo. lol The servo will turn the weals to the Lt just fine, but turn the weals to the Rt at about 1/2 the speed. So i give Cen a call and they have me adjust a few things and check a few things. None of which fix the problem. So I ask if they could send me a new servo and i would send the bad servo back the same day the new one arrived. That would at least let me get the motor broke in . They said NO cant do that. in staid they wanted me to go how ever long with out a servo, not caring that i just spent how ever much money all ready.

Know i no that servos go bad and crap happens, but to expect someone to right after buying a new RTR kit to turn around and have to pay for shipping (for the servo) plus go how ever many days or weeks with out a buggy that will work. JUST MY THOUGHTS but not good service.

Know in their defiance they did say they would replace it, but i would have to ship it first and then wait many many and many days till the new one showed up. NOT COOL AT ALL! Talk about being board!

Well this is my first experience with CEN, not off to a good start. I sure hope yours is better.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:05 PM
ArizonaRevo

Default RE: CEN CUSTERMER SERVICE

My Matrix and Arena are very good I have the RTR and Factory Edition of both the Matrix and Arena. The servos are weak I thought so i changed them right away.
But I would just send it back they take care of stuff real quick and also you can break that engine in without a steering servo no problem.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:39 PM
RobertHull
Banned

ORIGINAL: jfannnin

Well what fun is my brand new straight out of the box Matrix 1/8 buggy that has a bad servo. lol The servo will turn the weals to the Lt just fine, but turn the weals to the Rt at about 1/2 the speed. So i give Cen a call and they have me adjust a few things and check a few things. None of which fix the problem. So I ask if they could send me a new servo and i would send the bad servo back the same day the new one arrived. That would at least let me get the motor broke in . They said NO cant do that. in staid they wanted me to go how ever long with out a servo, not caring that i just spent how ever much money all ready.

Know i no that servos go bad and crap happens, but to expect someone to right after buying a new RTR kit to turn around and have to pay for shipping (for the servo) plus go how ever many days or weeks with out a buggy that will work. JUST MY THOUGHTS but not good service.

Know in their defiance they did say they would replace it, but i would have to ship it first and then wait many many and many days till the new one showed up. NOT COOL AT ALL! Talk about being board!

Well this is my first experience with CEN, not off to a good start. I sure hope yours is better.

ofcourse you have to pay shipping your trying to send it to them you think their gonna send you money to send a servo........no but they will pay for shipping back to your house and if you send it out on a monday or tuesday you will get it back by friday enless something durastic happens...................as far as the servo goes you might have something binding that only makes it go have the speed

CEN does NOT have bad coustomer service i think your young and just cant wait to drive your new car
Old 03-19-2007, 07:44 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with arizona revo, the OEM servos are usually considered sub par and throw aways. Go ahead get that servo in the mail(its brand new) since you are not done with break-in(you dont need the servos to break the engine in) and in no time your new servo will be back. In the mean time start saving your money for a "Good" set of servos.

Robert!! Stop being a Kid!! This guy is obviously new to RC. You were/are new at one time, do you think it would be cool for someone to talk to you like that?? Who cares about his spelling we got what he meant, your spelling is not much better(durastic=drastic, coustomer=customer)!!Be cool for once in your life!!

jfannnin, Good luck and have fun!! Dont let this stuff(people) discourage you!!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Chopped02

Do yourself a favor, replace the stock servos with some good ones. No matter what RTR car, truck, buggy or truggy you buy, the stock servos are always lacking. As far as CENs customer service, I had an engine problem and they said, "no problem, send it back and we will send you a new one." I sent it back on a Monday and got the new one on Friday. I have no problem paying the 5 bucks to ship it back because they could easily have said oh well, you probably ran it hard without breaking it in properly. They are trying to run a business so for them to just send out parts to people just because the "customer" says it was bad from the factory, would put them out of business faster than you could blink. I spoke with Notch at CEN on a couple of occaisions and he helped me out when I needed it. That to me is great customer service. Just my two cents.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:14 PM
jfannnin

LOL like RobertHull made fun of my one mis-spell LOL. Of coarse is not one word. I'm going to stop their the other guy covered the rest. LOL

But no im not new i've been into r/c for about 8 years, but i have been away from racing for about 3 years or so. thats why i went with the rtr. Trust me its my first rtr and last.

Yah the servos are low torque but they will work for know, but good servos are top on my list. i would have already bough them but i had to REINVEST in all my tools and stuff. you all know how it is "No more r/c for a little" LOL

I was just a little disappointed in the going with out a buggy for a week or two. not to cool considering i'm just getting back into it again. What sucks the most is that their are those few people out their that try to get free crap or scam the company and stuff, and make it a pain for the rest of use to get a simple problem taken care of.

Anyway im sure i will be sending it to them and going with out a buggy so i can try this thing out, BUT IM STILL MAD THAT IM GOING TO BE BOARD. lol
Old 03-19-2007, 09:58 PM
ShootPaint

CEN is a good company and stand behind their products 100%. If you do as they ask you will have a new part in your hand in nothing flat.

As far as the stock servo goes if it is the Skyions servos I believe those are 144oz at .16 secs @ 6volts.

They are decent servos to bash with. Not quick enough for racing but very decent for a stock RTR servo when compared to most manufacturers servos supplied with their RTR kits.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 AM
RobertHull
Banned

yeah just change servos to hi-tec 5998 th and st
OR futaba 9350 th 9351 ST but i would just get 9351 and worry about steering later
Old 03-20-2007, 12:19 AM
CEN Racing

Hi

sorry about the hassel. Just put that servo in the envelop and mail it to us, i will perosnally make sure we take care of you. The entire turn around time is less than a week and you will go ready to go before the next week. During this time, you can continue to break in your engine and try to get use to the engine.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:34 PM
dr13zehn

Hey jfannnin,

Rest assured that CEN is going to take care of things for you. I have had some problems with them as well and got frustrated, but stuck with them and their products. Now I'm glad I did.
A few things just went wrong and there was some miscommunication, but in the end when everything was sorted out, they bent over backwards to help me.
What I am saying is this:
They are human... mistakes happen.
Don't get jaded just yet. You had a slightly bad first impression but I guarantee you they are a great company and have incredible customer service.

Always remember... It could be worse... you could have bought a Losi with a damaged part in it... You'd never get a replacement from the all mighty Team Losi lol
Old 05-11-2007, 08:02 PM
derrick05

I dont know wehere this great CEN customer service crap is coming from.Their products look good and have great IDEAS but are put together with such cheap materials that it negates the good idea.I have CEN MT SPEC,and it gave me overheating problems from day1 and not due to tuning error.I am not a rookie and have4 other trucks I can run all day without heat issues.I have searched the net and found that overheating is a common problem with CEN.I figured an airleak but with a warranty I wasnt going to tear it down and fix myself.Isnt that what warranty coverage is for?When I mailed the engine with note and sales reciept CEN basically tried to make me look stupid and refused to replace/repair my engine.Offered to rebuild it for$60.00,I have since replaced with an O.S.CV-RX.18,and guess what?NO MORE OVERHEATING.CEN knows they owe me an engine,but I will chaulk this one up as lesson learned.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:20 PM
CEN Racing

Derick

Air leak is something so small that can be fixed with seal or a fuel tube change. Your motor were recieved with full of dirts outside and inside the engine. That is defintely not a engine just during break in period.

We also receive your 2 speed transmisson which was wear out. YOu told us you have about 1 gallon of fuel through it. That is somewhat acceptable but we offer to take care of that for you too

We are doing the best we can and hope you will udnerstand.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:33 AM
derrick05

As you guys know,I had some problems with cen and they really had me[:@].I still feel that they were wrong,but the point is they really bent over backwards to make it right.And even after all this time,I recieved an email from cen the other day and that situation is still on their minds.Most company dont care,but these guys are realy big on customer satisfaction.After communicating with them the other day,I publicaly apologize for bashing these guys.I eat every negative word I ever said about cen.These guys are awesome.I know you guys are wondering why the sudden change of heart.Lets just say that cen has more than made it right.I promised cen that what they do stays only between us,so sorry guys,cant tell.Done way more than you would get from hpi,losi orEXCEED.As for my cen product(mt-spec 3.0),its still going strong.My only honest complaint about the vehicle is that it needs a slipper clutch.I think this would stop me from having to change out the spurs every gallon.Sure would like to have a bashing contest to the death against exceed infinity[>:]Guys I am only days away from having my dream truck(cen nemesis with gst body,wheels and tires).Just waiting for a big check to claear the bank wich will be one day next week.Im like a kid before christmas,cant sleep,cant take care of the wife,I CANT WAIT.I wish to remove every nagative word I have said about cen from this website.I dont know how to go about it,but maybe the editors will see this and help me out.Once againI apologize to cenracing and special thanks to Ken Wu.Im so happy with what Ken Wu has done for me I could go on all day,but I will stop here.CENRACING ROCKS!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:44 AM
The Real Dogman

Now Thats what I'm talking about!!!! Great job CEN, and Derrick is a real testament to what CEN is all about!!!! Taking the time to be sure the customer is VERY happy!!!

I am very happy you have been well taken care of, Derrick. Even after all this time they took the initiative to contact you, and made good by you.

If you truely want to change your posts, you can look for all of your posts and use the edit button to top right of your post box, and edit as you see fit!!!

And congratulations on your choice to order a Nemesis with extra parts.

Glad to see you have returned, to the boards, and hope to see more of you!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:55 AM
SOILWORK

Cen racing is great..they just warranteed a roto-start back plate for me. Thanks Shaun(CEN Service department) It's too bad that some people have a sour taste in thier mouth when it come to CEN Racing. CEN really stepped it up and became a competitve, innovative and consumer friendly company.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:41 PM
burningpoo

derrick I'm glad to hear everthing worked out great for you. I keep hearing mostly great things about there service and I'm hopeing that I never have to go down that road. My GST is a killer truck that can draw a crowd fast enjoy your new beast when she comes in
Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 PM
derrick05

Thanks for the PM TRD.Could you send mr the link to tour nemesis mods again?It didnt come through on the PM.SOILWORK,youre right.People mostly complaining about having to order parts but thats OK,after all you cant drink champange on a beer budget.Nothing worth having comes easy[:-]
Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 PM
SOILWORK

Glad things worked out for you I can't wait for winter to start building my Matrix TR and somewhere in between I will be buying a GST. A lot of poeple take the easy way out when things become difficult, You just gotta stick with it and things will iron themselves out
Old 07-28-2007, 01:23 PM
The Real Dogman

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6156706]My Quick List Of Nemesis mods[/link]
Old 07-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Hawaii 5-0

Although I have a few more days to wait before my GST arrives, the more I read through the board, the more I am excited and confident I made the right decision. It appears that CEN has an earnest desire to listen to the counsumer and make improvments to their existing products and customer service. Good job CEN!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:13 PM
blackrain

i own a monster truck from every manufacture except hpi and cen trucks have the most strength and quality by far
Old 07-29-2007, 01:37 AM
derrick05

TRD,thanks for the info.Seems I only have the option of editing most recent posts.When I select a recent post,the edit button is there in the upper right hand corner,right where you said,but when I choose a post from a while back,theres no edit button at all.Anymore suggestions?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:54 AM
The Real Dogman

Derrick no, you are right, there is certain time restriction, but lets just hope those are old dead threads, good job on the attempt tho.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:34 PM
derrick05

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
taj

hello
im trying to install the front chassis brace on the tr arena. i bought the brace on ebay for 18.00 and have the upper front plate. i have both the rtr and fre trucks, i didnt see any extra parts to add the brace or instructions. im stuck i have the brace on the truck and the upper plate. it looks like im missing some parts to finish. any help would be nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.