Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

clutch bell

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:18 PM
jamie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch bell

do any of yall have a ideal why ny clutch bell keeps busting on my 7.7
Old 09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
chrobar

Default RE: clutch bell

Make sure that your gear mesh is correct. If it is too close of too far, your truck will eat clutch bells. To properly set mesh, loosen the engine mount screws so you can move the engine side to side. Then take a strip of paper and thread it through the clutch bell and spur gear space. Push the engine all the way to the spur gear and tighten the screws. Unthread the strip of paper and check the mesh. There should be a little bit of play between the teeth, but not too much. Eventually, you will know where the mesh is and you won't need to use paper.
Good luck
Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 AM
jamie
My Feedback: (2)

ONE GUY HAD SAID TO FOLD A PEICE OF PAPER AND PUT IT IN THERE.. YEA THE CLUTCH GETS VERY HOT AND THEN BREAKS LIKE GLASS.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
burningpoo

I was told since theres 2 gears to use 2 thin strips. I don't do that

I just use 1 piece and run it through both gears at the same time, not folded. I run it through to make sure it's not tearing, check the paper, hope it doesn't move and run it back through and tighten. I only let the paper get about 1/4 inch or less out the other side since the paper will start to bind up from the height change. If u want I'll hunt down the pictures i made for someone else, just let me know.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:01 PM
chrobar

If the clutch bell is getting very hot and/or discolored, it's the clutch. Make sure that there isn't any excessive slipping in the clutch. When you take off the bell, what does the clutch look like? If it's very very worn, replace the shoes and springs. If it's just a bit worn, you can take them off and clean them up, or just keep it how it is.