Search
Notices

HAWK IV

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 PM
RaceRocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAWK IV

Can anyone tell me a little bit about the hawk 4, I just bought one second hand and It came with an old Futaba SkySport 6H radio.
Is it any good for learning and what upgrades would u recommend.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:03 PM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: HAWK IV

i learned on a hawk iv myself. have a hawk pro now. it doesnt need any upgrades if you are just learning. just make sure it is put together correctly and set up correctly. use training gear on the landing gear until you can hover in all directions including nose in and fly in complete control at all times and all directions. in stock form it will take you all the way to inverted flying which will take a lot of flying to get to that point. then you can think about upgrades for more power and crisper handling. like a bigger engine, anti-rotation bracket, hard dampers, cf blades, and the likes. just fly as often and as much as you can while learning step by step. i was doing loops, rolls and inverted flying in about 4-5 months, but i flew/practiced alot and pushed myself to learn quickly. try to find an experienced heli pilot where you fly. invaluable with set up help like setting up your radio and making sure your heli is set up correctly. be safe and dont give up. most importantly have fun.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:05 PM
syclic

Default RE: HAWK IV

All very good advice there from Yakmonoff