Search
Notices

stall issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
hocpoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stall issue

I've been flying this year (probably .5 gals through) and had no issues until the last time out....my hawk pro started to randomly stall while at probably 3/4 throttle (I'm flying scale, no 3D, and yes I have a header tank). It has decent power and everything is normal, then boom, it just shuts off. I can restart it immediately, fly for a bit...then it stalls. Where do I even start? My initial pass looking at fuel lines, glow plug and stuff looks good. Like I said, I've flown several times this year without touching a thing and it ran fine until now. One thought might be that it is running too hot? Would that cause it? I don't believe that is it because there is plenty of exhaust so I don't think it is running too lean. Anyway, I'd appreciate some ideas. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: stall issue

Dont "look at" the fuel lines and plug. Replace the clunk lines and glow plug. Chances are good its one or the other.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
irc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stall issue

Could be a small piece of plastic "swarf" in either of the fuel tanks,

Will be fine until it is sucked into one of the fuel lines, blocking it and starving the engine of fuel, as the engine stops, suction on the fuel lines will be lost and the "swarf" will return to the tank.

Wash out both tanks and replace all the fuel lines , should cure it.

Iain