Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Don Carlson

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 10:57 AM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Carlson

I am trying to get the screen name for Don Carlson, in California. He has been making molds for the classic pattern planes. I am trying to send him some business.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:02 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

frequent flyer
Don ([email protected])

Don's screen name is listed first followed by his email address.
I have found that emailing Don is the fastest and easiest way to get in touch. He usually responds very quickly.
He is a good guy to work with. I have bought kits from him as well as sending him kits for replication.
-Will
Old 10-11-2019, 06:43 PM
DADS63BUG

Also, Don has moved to Grand Junction, CO. He is still in the classic plane business there.
Old 09-07-2023, 11:24 AM
AJ Sun

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default DonCarlson

Has any one been in contact with this guy? I am afraid I have been Scammed. I ordered and paid for a 33% 7 AC Champ kit from him over a year ago. He promised it last November 2022. It’s been over a year sense I paid and ordered it. Most of the posts here and other sites, say he is in California. I have an address for him in Grand Junction Colorado. Googled earth his address and there is nothing there but a small cabin. A very remote location. The local R C club and local hobby shop has never Hurd of him. He posts as Frequent Flier on this web site I ordered the kit under RCAiir.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:01 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Don is just now recovering from some serious health issues. He hopes to be caught up with back orders by year end.
Send him an email to get an update on your order.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:56 AM
AJ Sun

Thank you yes I finally got a reaction from him, after another E Mail. Really gotten disappointed in his medical so called condition. I had order this before all this medical stuff surfaced. Promised me I would have my order in November of 2022. Never happened. A year later all this. Really don't know what to.beleave. all of this is very confusing why take on orders when you know your sick first heart condition then. A failed hip replacement with infection that could have killed him. that takes months in some cases years to get over and he is already doing things less than a month later after the surgery some thing aint right. AJ.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:47 PM
AJ Sun

Hi freewilly yes I just got tired of all this alot of it I just have no faith in what he is saying. I just requested my money be returned cancel my order or send me the kit zi ordered. This whole thing went south. Like crap thru a goose. Thank.you for your help. But I just don't anything can fix this.AJ.
Old 09-30-2023, 06:54 AM
Patrick F
My Feedback: (17)

Hi AJ, if you want, I have a Hostetler Champ at 26% that I already cut or I can blow that up to 33% if you like, see if you can get a refund and then give me a shout,
LasercutUSA.com
Thanks Pat
Old 09-30-2023, 10:09 AM
AJ Sun

I originally bought the RCM plans 33% but missed out on the windshield and fiberglass cowl that was offered. I Hurd about Don and many guys were very disappointed in the way he did business. I asked if he would sell me his scale windshield and cowl. He said no. Because of so many people copy his design. Then he said he had a kit for 650 on a 7 AC scale gear was extra. I thought about it. Sent him an unsigned check. By mistake. He called me and told me about the uncompleted check. And said my kit was ready to ship. I sent another check but nothing happened. I contacted him to see if it shipped. He said no , but by Nov 22 I would have it. No problem. That was two more months away. I said okay. Nothing happened. Then in December he claims he sent a message that the kit was ready but got no response from me. I said sent the kit. But nothing. You can see why I am so upset about all this. Nothing makes sense. I finally ordered a windshield and cowl from pro builder. Haven't started my 33 %. But plan too this winter. I fly a AA Industrues Nolsen design 1/4,scale now. Guess I need to be happy with it. Really disappointed in all.this I put out alot of money on this 33% Champ buying the engine and all and nothing to show for it.AJ.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:08 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Authur Brinkerhoff AJ SUN

I just saw this thread You sure are saying a lot of negative things. I have never gotten emails from you and the once or twice that I talked to you you told me don't email or call you because you did not want your wife to know you bought a kit.

I never told you your kit was done. Why are you saying so many things that are not true?
When I do get an email to go through you tell me you are having problems. Then you tell me I crazy, Then you say you are sorry. Last November you tell me that you want nothing to do with me? ARE YOU MENTALLY OK?
I never said I had heart problems. I did have an infection in one of my 10 year old Hip Implants, I did have to have two surgeries in 2023 and I am recovering from that now.
You will be sent your order as soon as I recover a bit more, which should be soon, I'm doing well now and begininng to work on back orders. I have no Idea what address you looked up on Goggle earth for me in colorado that was a small cabin? I live in a 4 acre estate with a 17,000 sq. ft.. home that is partially under construction.
I explained all of this to you once before when you were ranting on Giant scale news forums. I think you may need to see your doctor. You have nothing to complain about your order will be shpped as soon as I can complete it.
I even sent you an email explaining this and I sent you copies of all the MAIL DELIVERY FAiLURES, that I rececvied when I try to contact you. You received that one because you responded to an earlier email telling me I was lying. That's why I sent you Proof I was not.
Did you ever get your email working? Did you ever get a working phone number that I can call you on?

Last edited by frequent flyer; 01-28-2024 at 04:21 AM. Reason: spelling