Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Has Spring Air Improved

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:09 AM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Spring Air Improved

Years ago I used Rohn Air retracts. I had both firewall mount and belly mount nose uinits. Both would wollow out the pivit block. This was due to a steel strut in a alunimum block. If memory serves me correctly, someone offered a teflon sleve that would isolate the two materials, solving the problem. Has this problem been solved in the new systems that are avaliablei.e. Spring Air? Way am I askingI plan to purchase a new set of gear.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:33 AM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Has Spring Air Improved

ORIGINAL: BullardRM

Years ago I used Rohn Air retracts. I had both firewall mount and belly mount nose uinits. Both would wollow out the pivit block. This was due to a steel strut in a alunimum block. If memory serves me correctly, someone offered a teflon sleve that would isolate the two materials, solving the problem. Has this problem been solved in the new systems that are avaliablei.e. Spring Air? Way am I askingI plan to purchase a new set of gear.
you won't be dissapointed.
i remember Rohm Air. SA pivot blocks are supported by a steel shaft, and don't wollow out.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has Spring Air Improved

Spring-Air is a giant improvement over the Rohm-Air.