Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby Bidz

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
rem0.061
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Bidz

Has anyone heard of HobbyBids? I got an e-mail about their opening a year or two ago, but they never quite got it off the ground. I don't think they ever reached 100 auctions, and now they don't have any. Of the few things on there almost all of it was Horizon hobby. One would think it would be popular with the ebay users/sellers.

http://www.hobbybidz.com/auctions_sh...order_type=ASC
Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Bidz

It never really got off the ground. If I remember right, You had to buy , for lack of a better word, tokens from the site. Then use the tokens to bid. If you ran out of tokens during the bidding, the auction would be over before you could buy more tokens. It was complicated and doomed from the start.

Frank
Old 06-30-2012, 10:26 AM
flythisnotthat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it was set up as an online penny auction site (like Quibids or Beezid, where you purchase bids in advance) for hobby stuff. Didn't sound like a sound plan then, and it still doesn't.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:49 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's an idea, I have an engine I want to sell. So why don't all you guys send me $100 each and I will give each of you 100 bids. When the bidding is over, I will send the winner the engine, AND I WILL KEEP ALL THE REST OF THE MONEY ! ! ! !

Now, that's a plan ! ! !

Who's first????

Frank