Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado

Well It looks like we are going to have to clean up. Flooding and more rain till Monday. Why events have not let out information on there statis I don't know. There will be little flying for a while, hope our event here turns out next week.
To those in my area, don't take any chances!
Larry K
Old 09-14-2013, 11:02 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the float planes out-
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Live Wire

A lot of people will be grounded for a long time here in the 51st State lol Jokes aside I live on the So. Platte river and what a mess told we would have this for a week or 2. All highways in and out of here are closed. Still have power but sanitation is out and water is a question mark in some parts of town. Hey Wally World is still open, Bringing in Porta Potty's. Internet Roads are muddy but dry, Dry but wet with rain falling lol.
P.S. All my planes are dry!

Last edited by Live Wire; 09-16-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I grew up in North Platte. I have to wonder what will happen when all of that water gets there
Old 09-17-2013, 10:01 PM
donone

I am stay in the north, I don't know the rain will come, but I still flying.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I just left there yesterday and you folks certainly have my sympathies. We were there for the WOTR event and were staying in Denver. What should have been an hour and ten minute drive to the flying field averaged about 2 hours or more and took nearly 3 1/2 hours on Friday afternoon. Seems like every bridge we tried to cross had been closed about 20 minutes before we got there! We had to go east all the way to CR61 to get across and even it was closed Friday evening when we left the field in an attempt to get back to Denver. We wisely decided to pack up and get out of Dodge on Saturday evening since it looked like Sunday was going to be a bust anyway. Good thing we did or our trailer would probably still be stuck in the mud at the field! Best wishes for a speedy return to some assemblance of normalcy to you folks in the affected areas.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 AM
larry@coyotenet
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy! You must have had pontoons on your vehicle! We tried for 16 hours to get from Pueblo to Fort Collins. Never been caught in so many traffic jams in my life. We did manage to get within 15 miles once! The old joke "You can't get there from here!" was no joke.
Larry
Old 09-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Live Wire

An update from here, river still high, Sterling under a no flush and water restriction. What a mess porta poties every where. Baths and showers must be taken out of town. Flyin is still being held tomorrow 21st field is high and dry 5 mi. north of flooding and the smell. Getting sweet around hear.
Larry K
Old 09-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Live Wire

Does any one have a large sponge?