Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 03:42 PM
harcosparky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
The fair value can also vary by insurance company, I will never use Shelter Insuranvce again after having an auto claim with them.
True, they all start out with a number from the same price guide book ..... then they look to the market to see what things are selling for and that is where it gets cloudy.

Unless they all use the same resources then can come up with different numbers.

I was in the car business for a few years and dealt with insurance companies and body shop business.

Insurance companies will try to blow you off, by requesting you do their legwork for them but you have to push back.

I was fighting for 'diminished value' after my car was repaired as result of an accident. The at fault drivers insurance company told me " You need to get three estimates from three different dealers showing that the paint work done diminished the value of your vehicle. "

I knew from experience that when appraisals by dealers are done, if there is evident of paint work the value is diminished.

I politely told them " my attorney has advised me that it is your job to secure the estimates ". The adjuster said " Oh you have an attorney? Let me get back to you! "

Thirty minutes later the adjuster calls back with an offer to settle for the diminished value.

I was satisfied.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:44 PM
harcosparky

Originally Posted by flyboy2610
We are supposed to have a pretty massive winter storm come through here Sunday afternoon through Monday evening. Right now they aren't talking a lot of snow, but it could be a LOT of freezing rain and ice. I can handle snow, but I hate ice with a passion. If it gets as bad as they say it might, I'll just call in to work and tell them "Nope. Ain't gonna do it!" I'll get half an attendance point, unless 1/3 of the plant does the same, then it's nothing. 8 points in one years time and you're gone. I might have 1 or 2, so I'm not worried.
Your personal safety is most important. I had a great manager once who told me ..... " never put your job before your health. "
Old 01-12-2017, 03:44 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Well got the gap in process now, so once the insurance company pays their portion and sends me a copy, I send that in to gap and they pay the balance, then I am free and clear to purchase a replacement.

While I was there I took a look around, man it is cold out. There is a 2013 F250 Powerstroke there, so I will dig into that and see what they will part with it for.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
Pope, as far as the van is concerned, it is nineteen years old and powered by a five-cylinder 2.5 litre diesel engine. Every two years in France a vehicle has to pass a "Controlle Technique" or technical check to establish that it is still roadworthy. With commercial vehicles like mine, every intervening year the vehicle's exhaust emissions are tested. My van passed its emissions test with flying colours last year but I will have to make an appointment with the CT people pretty soon as the current certificate expires in March. I have owned it for about eighteen months and have fitted a new steering rack, two new front tyres, and new discs and pads to the vehicle so I hope that with the new rear tyres it will pass the CT easily. You are not allowed to sell a used vehicle in France if it has less than nineteen months CT on it, unless you specify that you are selling the vehicle for spares, not that I'm interested in selling it. I serviced the van when I was back in England with it last year. My best (English) friend is a professional motor mechanic so I used his facilities. I think it should pass the CT but its emissions may be more pollutant than a modern diesel vehicle. It doesn't smoke mind.

As for your Laser V twin I will need to see a picture of the double prop lock-nut to be able to advise. Is this your first four-stroke Pope? Many Japanese four-strokes have two prop nuts. You tighten the one against the propeller in the usual way and then you tighten the second nut against the first. My new single cylinder Laser engines just have one conventional nut on the prop-shaft and my Laser 150V twin which I bought secondhand, has a non-standard spinner nut on the end of the prop-shaft. I was surprised at how smooth the engine was when it ran.

Come on Pope, snap out of it! At least it's summer and the flying season down there! There's snow forecast for central France this evening and as I'm over 400 metres above sea level where I live, I'm anticipating quite a fall.

Good model building weather! .
Hi there tele this is my 12 th 4stroke and its not the usual double nut setup . It has 2 washers and the pic with the nut and long turned down section looks too long to work with most props . The prop would ghave to be about 30 odd mm to work by itself . anyway heres some pics . I will contact laser but I want to have all the questions I want answered so I dont keep bothering Jon as I know hes very busy .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1712.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	2196537   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1714.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	2196538   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1716.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	2196539  

Last edited by the pope; 01-12-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:19 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Just guessing here Pope but I'd say that the two nuts and washers were to suit propellers with different sized holes drilled in them. I'd either try them out on a test bed or fire off an email to Jon at Laser Engines just to confirm things.

No snow so far but forecast for the weekend. I'm off to help a lady move thirty pregnant ewes after breakfast.

Is anyone else having problems putting up posts on this website?

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 01-12-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:45 PM
the pope

I thought that too Tele but if you use the one with the turned down section by itself it will only screw down until the threaded section on the crank ends . So u would need the thickest prop I've never seen . I will email Jon but like I said Im trying to think of everything to ask at the one time so Im not continually pestering him . Congrats on the ewes , are u the father ? At least u can eat the stubborn ones. Sometimes I have post probs. where theres no spaces between the words and u have to go and add spaces before hitting the post reply button . Whats your issues ?
Old 01-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

No I'm not the father of the ewes but I am a friend of the shepherdess!

You obviously need to contact Jon to see what the nuts are all about on your engine.

The problems I have had with the site involved me typing a phrase but the phrase did not appear on the screen for several seconds after.

Oh BTW, it's just started snowing, settling too.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:00 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Glad to hear you're not the father Telemaster, I had always thought is was the guys down in OZ, like The Pope, who went around impregnating sheep Don't you know that would be some ugly Lambs?. I have never owned a Laser but they certainly look well made. I believe Proctor Enterprises distributes them over here.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:35 AM
acdii

ISIS came to visit? Oh man, that one was baaaaad. EWE!!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 09:14 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by acdii
ISIS came to visit? Oh man, that one was baaaaad. EWE!!!!
Do you really want to talk about my sense of humor in the same sentence with that pun? ;-) What would we do without The Pope and Old Fart to provide comic relief?!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:51 PM
acdii

Well first thought that came to mind.......
Old 01-13-2017, 04:05 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Glad to hear you're not the father Telemaster, I had always thought is was the guys down in OZ, like The Pope, who went around impregnating sheep Don't you know that would be some ugly Lambs?. I have never owned a Laser but they certainly look well made. I believe Proctor Enterprises distributes them over here.
Now now , its our anzac friends across the ditch in New Zealand that have an unnatural fascination with their sheep . Thats why they wear gumboots , they herd them up to the cliffs edge so they back up all the time and they can slip their back legs into the gum boots . Thats what I heard anyway as the pope would never do such a thing or eat N.Z. sheep ! So thats it , a bit of cultural education . I tip my hat to the isis donkey fanciers . Getting kicked by one in the family jewels could make one permanently cross eyed . I heard Fart is from N.Z. not that he would admit to that.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:13 PM
acdii

Name:	double-facepalm-picard-i7.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	2196675  
Old 01-13-2017, 04:25 PM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B94lP-fZyLk
Old 01-13-2017, 04:51 PM
the pope

That story bought a tear to the popes eye . I guess its not so bad after all . I have a 4yr old labrador . Do u think I could , well maybe ...if he doesnt mind it wouldnt be so bad would it ??? I mean to say u should see some of the goings on in the Vatican . Now wheres Barney ? I think he's hiding under the bed !!!
Old 01-13-2017, 05:19 PM
acdii

oh man, posts are going to get deleted for sure with the way things are going......
Old 01-13-2017, 08:27 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by acdii
oh man, posts are going to get deleted for sure with the way things are going......
I gotta agree with that!
Old 01-14-2017, 01:06 AM
the pope

Well Tele sales I hope your proud of yourself . After your gentle prodding I got the monocoupe out and made a start . As predicted not as hard as the popes pretends but these things cant be rushed . Cut out the tank area with the dremel to lower the tanks and fixed the cowl ring which needed some support as well as gluing a piece back that feel off . What tha . Will finish off the tank bay support tomorrow after some pieces have dried .
Old 01-14-2017, 03:52 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

I'm a trained and experienced counsellor. .
Old 01-14-2017, 10:15 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by the pope
Now now , its our anzac friends across the ditch in New Zealand that have an unnatural fascination with their sheep.
Isn't that an understatement. About 8 years ago, I posted a motorcycle ride I took one afternoon from Gallup, New Mexico, passing through Navajo Reservation towns and villages in Arizona: Window Rock, Fort Defiance, Navajo Pines, Crystal through to the Washington Pass in the Chuska Mountains on to Sheep Springs, NM, then on US Hwy 491 back to Gallup. (They renamed 666 to 491 due to the stigma of it being called the "Highway to Hell".)

Upon mentioning Sheep Springs, a New Zealand rider posted, chiming in, "You must have been in heaven!" When I worked in Saint Michaels, AZ some 20 years ago, I hit rush hour traffic on the way home. Navajo shepherds were leading their flock across the highway.

It's a cold 37 Deg F (3 C) here, lightly rained this morning, but is supposed to get heavy by 5pm. Spring came early. I'm blessed, could be worse.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:39 AM
the pope

Hi there Ghost ,
some of the weather u guys have to put up with is bloody cold ! Here in Aus. rarely does it get to freezing ( usually up in the mountains or in Canberra , where the politicians have their snout in the trough ) . At least if you have a winter layoff from flying you can build something or sit in front of the tv and watch the N.F.L. I have been watching that and they take some big hits .

You have to watch them N.Z. buggers for sure . Here in Aus the Tasmanians have 2 heads but what can you do , every country has em !
Old 01-14-2017, 03:26 PM
acdii

Well replaced my smashed truck today, and feeling good about it. Now just have to focus on getting the paperwork completed to get the old loan paid off, and enjoy my new truck.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:20 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

What did you end up getting as it's replacement ??
Old 01-14-2017, 06:54 PM
acdii

2016 F150 Lariat. Loaded! In Ruby Red.

This truck is cool, it has 360* cameras so you can see all around the truck. The tailgate opens with the key fob, I haven't even discovered all the goodies it has yet. The downside is the bedrug and topper from the 14 doesn't fit so I have to sell those and get ones that fit. The bedrug sort of fits, but the 14 had a taller box, and the topper would fit, but would look odd as it is a bit wider in places and the door would have to be modified so it would close.

Name:	IMG_3827[1].JPG
Views:	93
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	2196782  
Old 01-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Nice looking vehicle.

I see that karolh lives in Jamaica. I'd bet the weather there is alright at this time of the year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.