Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

United States Postal Service Money Order

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

United States Postal Service Money Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:26 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default United States Postal Service Money Order

I purchased an item on another site using this method of payment. The seller acknowledge receipt of the money order two weeks ago but I have received nothing. Sent numerous EMails to the seller with no reply. I made an inquiry using the USPS postal money order tracking system and according to it the money order has not been cashed. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
Old 02-05-2015, 04:43 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had something similar happen. I also received confirmation that the money was received by the seller but no merchandise showed up. Like you no answers to emails. What I did was email the Detectives of the sellers home town Police. I gave them the story and forwarded copies of the sellers acknowledgement of payment. The detectives visited the seller, the seller had some bad luck and lost my contact info, the Police made sure he returned my money. Might give them a try.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

This is why I use PayPal and If I'm selling I try to ship same day.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:26 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flycatch
I purchased an item on another site using this method of payment. The seller acknowledge receipt of the money order two weeks ago but I have received nothing. Sent numerous EMails to the seller with no reply. I made an inquiry using the USPS postal money order tracking system and according to it the money order has not been cashed. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
It's happened before to me but on a smaller dollar value item. Things happen to people all the time that are out of their control and a sale might not be the first thing they are thinking off. When was the last time he logged on here? I see you've tried e-mail, you might want to see if you can get the persons phone # and give them a call. Lots of folks are still in the "white" pages. See if that would help. Next up you might want to try sending a registered return receipt letter asking for a status, or a return of funds if they can't make good on the deal. I'm not saying you have or would do it, but keep the calls or correspondence professional, it might help to get the matter resolved. Ultimately you would hope the seller would keep in constant touch and give you a status on what's going on.

Got a link to the transaction?

Worst case, depending on the amount of the money order and the "cost" of your time, you can follow up more formally with the post office or local authorities. The other option is to leave feedback for the seller to alert other potential buyers. Not sure what the feedback policy here is, and how involved the mods get (I think it's more than other sites), but if you get hit with a retaliatory negative, they might take it off.

Anyway, good luck and update the thread once it gets resolved.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:27 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went back and noted the purchase was on another site, but the same advice would apply either way. Link?