Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

We need your pictures!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

We need your pictures!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 12:39 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default We need your pictures!!!!!

As many of you may have noticed over the last year or so the "Shot of the Moment" located on the Homepage of RCU was a bit "broken" and was stuck on one single image of a small foamy biplane with the RCU logo on it. We apologize for this as this kind of fell through the cracks when RCU changed hands to new ownership. This feature used to be hugely popular on RCU "back in the day" as members used to love seeing their "pride and joy" showing up on the front page of RCU for all to see. But when the app running the feature got overlooked many people have probably gotten to the point that they simply overlook it now as it's the same image every time they log into RCU. But we have that fix and we need your help. Right now I've loaded up the application with some pictures that I took during a previous trip to Warbirds Over The Rockies. And to be totally honest with you all, if I wanted to go back through all my coverage photos I could keep the app up and running for quite some time as I literally have thousands of shots from many different events (to name a few - SEFF, many TOP GUNS, Florida Jets, Kentucky Jets, Warbirds Over Texas, Warbirds Over Tulsa, Bomber Field, Monster Planes, etc....). But that's the not purpose the Shot of the Moment. It's supposed to about the members here at RCU Yes, we want to have pictures of airplanes on the front page of RCU. But we want pictures of YOUR airplanes on the front page of RCU. Yes, members airplanes. The members are what makes RCU tick, so that's why we want to see your airplanes. And trust me, they don't have to be a big fancy show quality aircraft to go in there. If it flys I can assure you that other people will be interested to see it in the Shot of the Moment. I'll let you in on a little secret, every month when I get my AMA magazine the first pages I turn to are the "Focal Point" section, this is where members send in pictures of their airplanes. And I know others out there like them too.

So come on everybody, I need you help in getting the Shot of the Moment back up and running.

Here's all you have to do to get your pictures in the Shot Of The Moment.
1. Upload the picture to your photo gallery here on RCU. First go to your own private Photo Gallery.

2. Once you have that selected now click on "Upload Pholos"

3. You will then see the screen that appears below. It contains a line for the photo name, this can be anything you want. Then a photo description, you can write what you want about your photo. Then click on the category of photo. And then finally select the photo on your hard drive to upload to the gallery.

4. Once you have the photo in your gallery you need to use the Shot of the Moment app, click below the picture "Submit your photo for consideration". This will take you to a page that gives you instructions for submitting your photo for consideration. But to boil it down to the basics you will go to your photo in your gallery and use the "Tell a friend" link in each photo and then supply it with the email address of [email protected] to send that link to. In the comments area tell us anything you want us to know about your picture and your plane. We'll be more than happy to get your pride and joy up on the front page of RCU to share with everybody else!!!

So guys, start sending em in and I'll start getting em posted for you!!!!! If you don't see yours posted right away please don't worry. I'm going to space them out a bit because I don't want to slam them all up at once and then run out after a little while with nothing new to post. Once I start getting them in I will start spreading them out so that I have a steady stream of them flowing through!!!

I will thank you guys in advance for any help I get on this one guys!!! Thanks!!!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_gallery.jpg
Views:	1472
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2124317   Click image for larger version

Name:	upload_photos.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	2124318   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_select_screen.jpg
Views:	1443
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	2124319  
Old 10-07-2015, 06:58 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D'aww. Does it have to be a plane?
Old 10-08-2015, 04:08 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ooops

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 10-08-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:11 AM
scale only 4 me

p.s.
Ken, I sent ya a couple, but I probably on't ever see them up since I never go to that home page and accessing it from the forums is near impossible
Old 10-08-2015, 07:18 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by collector1231
D'aww. Does it have to be a plane?
Nope, it doesn't have to be planes. Anything RC can be on the Shot of the Moment. I apologize if I made it seem like it could only be airplanes. But cars, boats, tanks, etc... are welcome to submit as well. Anything that we talk about here on RCU is eligible to be on the Shot Of The Moment.

ken
Old 10-08-2015, 07:21 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
p.s.
Ken, I sent ya a couple, but I probably on't ever see them up since I never go to that home page and accessing it from the forums is near impossible
I've already added them to the the app. The time out for the system is that they will stay in the rotation for 7 days.

And I know what you mean about not seeing the front page of RCU. I never come into the site through the front page. I am always getting RCU through emails that I get notifying me of posts to threads that I am subscribed to, or directly to forums that I need to monitor, but never through the front page.

Ken
Old 10-14-2015, 04:46 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't get t the Shot of the moment app. I loaded the photo to my gallery but there is no place I can find to activate the app.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:14 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I should show up when you view the front page of RCU. Just go to www.rcuniverse.com and you should see it.

Ken
Old 12-14-2015, 05:43 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the same problem as the poster above, I don't see this app. I've gone to the front page as noted above, still don't see it. I liked the screen shot of the directions you gave, up to #4. Perhaps you can do one more and indicate where on the front page this app would be? Thanks!
Old 12-15-2015, 04:05 AM
scale only 4 me

I'm thinking Ken means the "app" is the picture viewer itself, not a mobi app, to submit a picture read this http://www.rcuniverse.com/shots.cfm that link is right below the picture app

good luck'

Submit Your Photo for "RCU Shot of the Moment"!

To submit a photo for consideration, please follow these steps:

1. Upload the photo to your photo gallery. Be sure to include a caption! We also recommend that you use a horizontally oriented shot.
  2. Use the "Tell a Friend" feature on the gallery display (it's on the large version of your picture when you click the thumb) and send an email to "[email protected]". Include a note in the comment area that tells us that you want us to consider your shot!
Good luck!!
Old 12-15-2015, 04:56 AM
porcia83
Banned

A snapshot of where to look and what the click would be cool....but...someone must clicked some buttons or worked some tech magic because the link showed up yesterday on the pic, so it's all good. Saw a new pic there last night, we'll see if mine makes it up there eventually!
Old 12-15-2015, 06:03 AM
scale only 4 me

What am I your screenshot biotch

Name:	Screenshot 2015-12-15 08.57.12.jpg
Views:	1474
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	2135892  
Old 12-15-2015, 06:34 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Scale only 4 me,
Thanks for the screenshot. Yes, that is the Shot of the Moment. But not to let too much of the kitty out of the bag, there are changes afoot and there will be a new application coming that will be much much better and much easier for everybody!!!!!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:48 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
What am I your screenshot biotch

I am humbled by your mastery of this medium. Thanks for that. I did look there, any everywhere else I could think of before posting the question here. I didn't see it, and even asked a friend to take a look. Nonetheless, its done!

Originally Posted by RCKen
Scale only 4 me,
Thanks for the screenshot. Yes, that is the Shot of the Moment. But not to let too much of the kitty out of the bag, there are changes afoot and there will be a new application coming that will be much much better and much easier for everybody!!!!!
That sounds great, looking forward to it.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:49 PM
scale only 4 me

I just got lucky,,,, you're welcome
Old 12-26-2015, 05:56 AM
porcia83
Banned

Is this program still running? I submitted two different pics a while ago and haven't seen either of them up, saw a few new ones but then it went back to the original few that came in. Now the pic of the RCU profile foamy is up and when you click on it you get the "this page cannot be found" screen. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:56 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by porcia83
Is this program still running? I submitted two different pics a while ago and haven't seen either of them up, saw a few new ones but then it went back to the original few that came in. Now the pic of the RCU profile foamy is up and when you click on it you get the "this page cannot be found" screen. Thanks.

Yes, the program is still up. I received your pictures that you sent in and I apologize that I didn't get them loaded as teh old ones died away. I'm right in the middle of a huge network upgrade for one of my clients in my real world work and my time on RCU has been limited the last week or so. But your pictures have now been loaded into the Shot of The Moment. Thanks for sending them in.

Ken
Old 12-26-2015, 07:02 AM
porcia83
Banned

O/k great, great pics coming through I just figured something might have gone askew when the RCU profile one went up and went to a "no page" view. Also remembered you saying something about new changes coming, so not sure if that happened and affected other programs. Thanks for the quick response and happy holidays!
Old 01-30-2016, 11:56 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

We are grounded in the Washington D.C. area however i can still legally fly my "fleet of Fly Zone Air Core electrics as they weigh under 1/2 pound hope you good folks at R.C.U. use this photo taken today

Name:	13016 005.JPG
Views:	1416
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	2144296  
The following users liked this post:
gaharit (12-07-2020)
Old 03-31-2016, 08:39 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Kenny, I think that you rattled some cages when you seemed to emphasize planes instead of anything else RC-related. You know I do those floaty things. What I see too often that might happen also in 4-wheelers are too many RTR vehicles in this new world of Plug & Play. The shots you should want are those that people constructed and personalized themselves or highly-modded RTR's.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Jpw3280

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as I get to 10 posts, I'll post a picture!
Old 12-07-2020, 05:50 AM
gaharit

Originally Posted by Jpw3280
As soon as I get to 10 posts, I'll post a picture!
I want it too haha