Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Another Hobby King thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 05:51 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another Hobby King thread

I recently have been sent numerous email advertisements from Hobby King. I dealt with HK a few years back, but unsubscribed from any email sent by them.

Now, without any further contact, these email flyers are being sent, again.

My question is this: Is this happening to any one else ?
Old 03-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No emails, but I get catalogs in my post box.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:31 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Not yet.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:04 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since they are buying Hobbico -it doesn't bother me
Old 03-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Me too!

Hi Tom;
I too had past dealings wid HK, purchased a couple of items successfully, and then things just went sour/south, and I also canceled/opted out of receiving any more emails and not do any further business wid dem. Now, and probably since x-mas have started receiving email again. They open slowly at best, and I have not responded to them.

I sure do miss dealing wid Hobby People, did a lot'o'business/buys from dem; I am back to dealing wid Towers again, and they do thing rite, but do not have the product range that HP had. Please come back HP!! or, who are you dealing with that you like and can recommend? Will close for now, good thread, best regards from Wickenburg, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:01 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So many old American names of everything being sold to non USA companies. Kids do not need to work or provide for themselves or family.

The problem is us.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:43 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Yes I'm getting them too.
Just for fun I clicked on one of the email links the other day and went to their site. What a disaster their site is and believe it or not what they advertised wasn't even in stock ! Some things never change.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:12 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well Brian, order it and it will still not be in stock Like never...what a way to do business!
Old 03-15-2018, 09:40 PM
tsnaylor1964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was getting getting groups of identical ads every day even after going into my account at hobby king and turning feature off. Finally just had to put filter on my email.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:48 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by Joe Nagy
Hi Tom;
I too had past dealings wid HK, purchased a couple of items successfully, and then things just went sour/south, and I also canceled/opted out of receiving any more emails and not do any further business wid dem. Now, and probably since x-mas have started receiving email again. They open slowly at best, and I have not responded to them.

I sure do miss dealing wid Hobby People, did a lot'o'business/buys from dem; I am back to dealing wid Towers again, and they do thing rite, but do not have the product range that HP had. Please come back HP!! or, who are you dealing with that you like and can recommend? Will close for now, good thread, best regards from Wickenburg, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
I was not pleased with the quality of the HK goods that I purchased, and opted out, too. All was good, until these emails started.

I've been using Tower for purchasing hardware and CA. I buy my wood from Balsa USA and National Balsa. Kits come from National Balsa, or I buy them on the secondary market. ARFs come from Sig. After being dissatisfied with HK for my electric supplies, I purchase those from Heads Up RC.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:22 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCrump
I recently have been sent numerous email advertisements from Hobby King. I dealt with HK a few years back, but unsubscribed from any email sent by them.

Now, without any further contact, these email flyers are being sent, again.

My question is this: Is this happening to any one else ?
I've been getting more from the also,, but I've seen an up tick in my spam filter from all vendors,, the bigger problem is that "unsubscribing" these days seems to be like asking to be on the do not call list is the past,, businesses are just not respecting you unsubscribing.

I made the mistake of filling out a contest card at the Golf Show last year,,OMG,, I strongly considered changing my email address again
Old 03-19-2018, 03:47 AM
TomCrump

I contacted HK about the email inundation. They promised that it would stop within 72 hours.

It's 96 hours later. I've received 2 more emails within the last hour.

I don't understand what they think they can gain by this. The resentment they are instilling in me means that I will never buy from them again and they're getting another bad publicity thread on a national forum.

Maybe they feel that bad publicity is better than none at all.

Last edited by TomCrump; 03-19-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:03 AM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by TomCrump
Maybe they feel that bad publicity is better than none at all.
That's the case . All they want to do is sell their stuff by any means necessary
They never did care about the customer even after they sold them stuff,
Old 03-19-2018, 03:13 PM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
They never did care about the customer even after they sold them stuff,
I have heard that from enough different people on enough different forums that I have put them on my "Avoid At All Costs" list. There aren't too many places that earn that honor.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Still waiting for one of these bad things we keep hearing about to happen.... Been using them at least 8 years. Even got a plane with a couple bad servos once and they replaced them all, not just the bad ones, without hesitation. I've had terrible service from Horizon and Tower a time or two, but we never see threads about them and how people will avoid them at all costs etc? The most recent one was horizon who decided not to tell me they were shipping my order split between 2 places and one ended up taking over a week to get here from Champaign, when I would have gladly paid the extra 10 bucks to get the faster shipping.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:52 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I get just as many spam emails from Tower and Amain, and way more from Harbor Freight,,, don't see HK doing anything most other vendors are doing also
Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 AM
Sarge50

With Hobby King you usually get what you paid for, nothing more. I buy things like batteries and chargers from them, when they are on sale.
As far as ARF's. it's impossible to get parts from them. When parts are available, they are in China, too long a wait and too much for shipping.
Are they really buying Tower?
Old 03-21-2018, 05:03 AM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by Sarge50
Are they really buying Tower?
Now that's funny !

It would be against their business model to have interest in any company that provides any positive, competent level of customer service !
Old 03-21-2018, 05:51 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I get just as many spam emails from Tower and Amain, and way more from Harbor Freight,,, don't see HK doing anything most other vendors are doing also
I don't know about Amain, but Tower will actually honor the "unsubscribe" message. HK just ignores my wishes.

HK has promised to stop sending spam 3 times in the last week..

I just deleted another message before making this post.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:02 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought from HK about three years ago, horrible experience with trying to make a payment, and then had to return an item. Felt like a long prostate exam.
Still get emails, but they are on my block list and go right into the trash. Get the on-line adds on just about ever website I visit.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:34 PM
topspin

Smile

Looks like they are liquidating. When the FCC slapped a heavy fine on Hobby King Anthony Hand said they would go out of business. I don't know if that's true but they are having a fire sale on everything right now and tons of complaints about super slow shipping. The Hobby King customer service guys are locking threads that even mention that Hobby King might be going under.
It makes sense though, the market is just not growing at all and all of the other hobby companies are having problems. I don't suppose anyone will miss them if they do go belly up, it would serve them right for all of the crummy products and service they dispensed for the last 12 years.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:25 PM
tntpooof

yes a constant stream of links and % off. ...wow so hk wants to buy hobbico co..lol right.looks like there trying to clear there overstock of stail products.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:52 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

No doubt, you take your chances with HK. From what many seem to deal with you might be as well of piling your money up and setting fire to it and watch it burn.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:11 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
Looks like they are liquidating. When the FCC slapped a heavy fine on Hobby King Anthony Hand said they would go out of business. I don't know if that's true but they are having a fire sale on everything right now and tons of complaints about super slow shipping. The Hobby King customer service guys are locking threads that even mention that Hobby King might be going under.
It makes sense though, the market is just not growing at all and all of the other hobby companies are having problems. I don't suppose anyone will miss them if they do go belly up, it would serve them right for all of the crummy products and service they dispensed for the last 12 years.
The only people that will complain are those with really tight budgets who rely on them to keep their hobby going, but who cares about those folks right?
Old 03-26-2018, 02:42 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
The only people that will complain are those with really tight budgets who rely on them to keep their hobby going, but who cares about those folks right?

Other, more reliable options are available. I buy my budget items from Heads Up and Value Hobbies. I'm sure there are other sources, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.