The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Why HH sucks

Old 12-07-2018, 09:54 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Why HH sucks

When they have something that is good, they discontinue it.

Evolution props, of all the props I have used on an FA 100, the Evolution 15 x 6 worked best. Discontinued.

P-47 Discontinued.

Twin Otter Discontinued.

It is especially painful when the ARF are discontinued as so go the parts with it.

Now they picked up TH and gutted Top Flight. No more kits, just the ARF. Dammit I want to build not assemble! HH, sorry, but unless I need a part for my Saito that you happen to have, I'm done with you.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:29 PM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by acdii View Post
When they have something that is good, they discontinue it.

Evolution props, of all the props I have used on an FA 100, the Evolution 15 x 6 worked best. Discontinued.

P-47 Discontinued.

Twin Otter Discontinued.

It is especially painful when the ARF are discontinued as so go the parts with it.

Now they picked up TH and gutted Top Flight. No more kits, just the ARF. Dammit I want to build not assemble! HH, sorry, but unless I need a part for my Saito that you happen to have, I'm done with you.
I have to believe that market forces , and not any other reason , are behind the decisions RC manufacturers make WRT what products are discontinued . If HH were selling P-47s and Twin Otters like , for instance , Apple is selling I Phones , don't you think they'd still be available ? In any business , carry enough unprofitable products and your days are certainly numbered (unless of course your GM , who got billions in govt. bailout money and is now bailing out on U.S. production in favor of Mexico , thank you sir may I have another ?!?!?)
Old 12-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They certainly seem to be prolific producing dinky little "toys" that many of us will never be interested in. Stuff that folks who aren't really invested in the hobby might be interested in.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:28 AM
ramboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HH recently discontinued the Carbon Z Cub. Foamies are not selling well either.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not to mention discontinuing the hugely popular Carbon Z T-28!!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:08 PM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats my point, they come out with some good ones that people will actually fly, and break, then discontinue them completely, including spares, never to be seen again. Regardless if it's foam or wood. My P-47, dumped it after striking the edge of a roof and have to make my own cowl and dummy radial, parts not available. The Evolution prop flies my Cub with a Saito 100 so well that I want a couple more, can't find them, discontinued. I bought out my LHS when they had a few.

A lot of my wish list is gone from TH as well, which means there is nothing from TH that I want.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:11 PM
scottrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I loved my Evolution props. I have completely stopped buying anything related to HH or Eflight. I've been rejected too many times to rely on them. Its better to go back to old school of scratch building and sourcing supplies and parts second hand.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:41 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ditto...
I worry if their practices will move over to TH
I have tried (unsuccessfully) to buy from HH .. but my purchase is rejected on several grounds.. the most common being ˙ou're using a card that can not be verified by our team"...
Only vendor I have had this problem, TH has come trough time and time again
Now between discontinued items and card hassle I am sourcing all my supplies form other vendors

REgards,
Patrick