Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Receiver help with # 7 Slot downed my plane ?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Receiver help with # 7 Slot downed my plane ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 02:51 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Receiver help with # 7 Slot downed my plane ?

I did replace the receiver with a new receiver * the only thing I added was a flashing led light set that I used port slot # 7 on the receiver
in which has 8 slots # 8 is for a battery for a glow engine plane which I do not need and 7 was empty I don't think using the led light's have any effect on loosing sign "? I had read some where that if you use split aileron servos that you use slot # 7 and I thought maybe being that I plugged in the led lights to slot # 7 this could have been my problem ? I use a Y connector in slot # 1 to the ailerons as per the manual .----- could by any chance using slot # 7 cause my plane to loose signal in mid s flight and down no control at all? I rebuilt my E-flight corsair , I'm not using the darn lights unplugged, I soldered a new ESC plug for throttle to receiver to make sure its not a loose plug , and last of all I'm replacing the battery connectors . If you think using slot # 7 on the reciver for those lights may have caused this please any suggestion s will help .
Old 01-06-2022, 05:24 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

It is possible the LED light set causes a drop in voltage to the receiver each time it flashes if your battery has a low amp-hour rating. Some receivers reset if the voltage goes to low. It could also cause one or more servos to twitch which would exacerbate a current surge and resulting voltage drop. I had a situation on one plane that any time I moved the ailerons would cause all the servos to twitch until I turned the plane off and then back on. After moving servo leads around to isolate the problem I found that one aileron servo drew a little more power when moving off the null point but the big problem was the battery was old and the current surge dropped the voltage significantly. I changed the battery (and the servo to be safe) and the problem went away. Luckily I found this on the ground.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:43 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The power drop could have also caused a brown out condition, which would have caused a loss of control...
Old 01-23-2022, 09:22 AM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anytime I use landing lights, strobe lights or anything else that requires a battery, I use another battery to power them, not the receiver battery.

Larry