Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

unhappy customer

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:05 AM
RATRC
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unhappy customer

Has anybody else had problems dealing with Superior Balsa? It has been more than two weeks, a number of phone calls, and still no delivery. What's up with that?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: unhappy customer

I thought their customer service lacked a lot. I tried a few times last year to place an order and never had any success. Went to another vendor and then got a coupon from them in the mail appoligizing. I decided in dec to try again and use the coupon and after 2 calls finally got someone and placed the order. Got it and one of the epoxies I ordered was wrong (my mistake I think). Sent it back to them and they sent the replacement quickly. That part was nice. It was just the initial getting them the order that lacked really bad!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:24 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

The absolute best experience I've had ordering balsa was from BalsaUSA. I've ordered from several others and wished I hadn't. I won't name names. Momma always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say...shut up.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:32 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Most of the wood I have is from balsa USA. All true to size and very good. I got some from another supplier last year when I couldn't get the order into superior and the thicknesses were all off. Good wood, just not very accurate.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Nickrc3
My Feedback: (6)

I usually don't flame companies, but the lousiest wood I received in twenty-five years of building came from Superior. When I complained through a formal letter to the President, I got back an elaborate article on the history, uses and processing of balsawood. Like I really need that! No refund, credit or anything. Six months later I receive another reply as to why they no longer receive orders from me?

Balsa USA has the best prices and their quality and service are excellent.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:45 PM
RATRC

I normally buy from balsa usa also, but they didnt have the sizes I needed. Im still waiting for my order from superior, it s supposed to be here today....We'll see.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:06 AM
mulligan

I don't know about Superior. I've had good experience with Lone Star, though.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
ernie7

They are out of business
Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 PM
ernie7

I sold Superior (Ernie) about 18 months ago. I believe during the past 12 years I owned it, I gave good service with great wood. The new owners may not have done a good job as they closed the shop in California and supposedly moved to New Mexico. I can only wish the new owners good luck. Perhaps they learned by their past mistakes.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:43 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

I placed an order with Lone Star Balsa. They were out of stock on 2 items and told me it would be 2 weeks before they shipped. I told them no problem. I had the order in less than a week!!!! They did a rush to get what I wanted.

I would and will order from them again! They are very nice people to deal with over the phone.

Pete
Old 02-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Joe Nagy

I have received excellent, First Class service from Lonestar Balsa! Try them, you will like them! Best regards from sunny and almost hot Florida,

Joe Nagy.