Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What are the Pros and Cons of buying USED RC NITRO cars/trucks

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What are the Pros and Cons of buying USED RC NITRO cars/trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 07:33 PM
slug_nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the Pros and Cons of buying USED RC NITRO cars/trucks

What are the Pros/Cons in buying used Nitro Cars/Trucks?
Old 02-13-2005, 11:27 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What are the Pros and Cons of buying USED RC NITRO cars/trucks

Slug ... you are in the wrong forum. As for used stuff, its not worth it unless you know a lot about cars. Cars have high wear and tear. You might get a Lemon easily.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:36 AM
bobo_54501
My Feedback: (19)

We talked about this before The clubhouse isnt just for planes its just that 99.9% of the guys in here are about planes so its not the best place to get a good car or truck answer . Whats the pros and cons ?? Cars dont fly .....No really thow tianci gave you some real good advice . If you can see the car and here it run or drive it your alot better off than buying on line . If you buy on line ild buy cheap enought to leave yourself enought room on price to fix it .
I bought 2 cars online in another life when i ran them . They looked good in pics and was guaranteed both ran great . The crank was out of one and the rear end out of the other . Should have seen how this guy packed em to . Took a big box and just chucked everything in it including a 1/2 gallon of fuel that had a slow leak .Ups told me that could have been like a $5000 fine or more . Now I had good sellers I bought from and not all were like this chump . But be carefull its a dog eat dog world out there sometimes ..
Old 02-14-2005, 04:13 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oooooopppppsss!!!!!!!! [X(]

Its better to save up and get a few car, I have never bothered to buy second hand cars ... usually very dodgy and you cannot complain if there are problems. Car engines are usually very well abused. You need to remove the sleeve and piston to see how good it still is, usually on a new .12 engine you can push the piston till about 4mm-5mm from the top of the sleeve. The again you need to check bearings ... and a few more things.

Planes are cheaper!!! Hehehee ...
Old 02-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Live Wire

It works with any thing you buy. You know as much about what you are buying as you know about the person you buy it from You take your chances and hope for the best[&:][:@]

[8D]