Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

O'Brien Hobby experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Camco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O'Brien Hobby experience

ORIGINAL: Dr Crash

Point is I do t get a proper reason why he can't re ship or refund. Forget that I don't get a single reply to my endless mails.
Go to your creditcardholder and claim your money back, it's works for me.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM
ebbtide

Well as a warehouse manager that oversees 1000s of shipments coming and going, via all major carriers i see maybe 1 problems for 1000 packages coming and going all around the globe. So i know it can happen but when my express mail shipment go's MIA, then my package is reshipped via Fed-ex 2nd day. And when i track the package Fed-ex tells me that the package was never shipped, only a label was printed. I know the vendor was lied.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Dr Crash

My credit card company can't help they say its too old a transaction...

I can just hope that Obriens does something about it.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:06 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Dr Crash

My credit card company can't help they say its too old a transaction...

I can just hope that Obriens does something about it.
hmmm... I had them tell me the same thing once, but they changed their tune when I threatened to close the account if they didn't look into it. Especially with an mail order transaction. When you speak with customer service, just keep asking for supervisors until you get one who will get you a refund....

Good Luck!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I really can't believe this guy is still in business...
Old 03-14-2008, 02:24 AM
debil

About a year ago i ordered plastic kits for 268$ - and did not get anything. Last response on my e-mails from Doug was in july 2007. No answers on my questions, no tracking number of parcel. E-mail to [email protected] follows no response too. Do not repeat my bad experience! Do not order from them!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:21 AM
faquer

ORIGINAL: scalenut52

Illinois to Maryland. Things take longer from the NE even under standard shippign conditions. Anyway...........
No they dont Are you not telling the truth once again? ! Helidirect does just find getting things out and they are only 40 miles south of you. You havent had half the snow there is 75 miles north of you . Stop passing the blame and accept. time to change your policy and ship same day as ordered if before 2pm EST thats the only way you'll redeem yourself. After all with all your "miss ships" which must cost you far more than credit card fraud. Your the only one looking like a fraud so lets see some quick ship same day service ?!!!!! like i said about the only way your gonna dig yourself out of this hole!!! Oh yeah somewhere in here you said no issues with DHL? and their prices went up? why would you care? we the customers are paying for shipping not you and i would definately prefer prompt dependable shipping its well worth an increase.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:34 PM
ebbtide

Update as of 3/16/08. Doug says he doesn't want to complete my order due to my post in this forum which i thought were fair. And he would credit my credit card back the amount he charged by this weekend, And i would have to buy from some else. But as this weekend comes to an end my card has yet to be credited.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Josey Wales

Don't hold your breath---took me weeks to get my refund back to my card---hope you fare better. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:09 AM
dmcmike

I just got an email from someone who tells me they made a $2500 order from our little "buddy". Unfortunately, they're not in the US, so I'm afraid that getting their product, or their refund will be difficult to say the least.

Hey scalenut52... when are you going to quit shafting people? Blame who you will... the USPS, the weather, your bunions... whoever. Just realize that the final responsibility to get product and/or refunds to your customers is YOURS! no one else! I promise, I'll keep badmouthing you on every RC site i run across until i draw my last breath! This thread has now gone on over 350 posts, with most being nothing but horror stories from honest people trying to buy what you represent you have to sell, then either never deliver, take your time about filling that order, or basically, take the money and run! You'd probably get real worried if everyone you screwed over on here decided to attend an event in New Hampshire....

BTW,
Pat O'Brien Hobbies
21 Litchfield Rd Unit 102
Londonderry, NH 03053
v: (603) 434-5004

I hope that's still a good one... If not, I'll bet I find a good one.

This clown needs to find a different line of work.....
Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ebbtide

Update as of 3/16/08. Doug says he doesn't want to complete my order due to my post in this forum which i thought were fair. And he would credit my credit card back the amount he charged by this weekend, And i would have to buy from some else. But as this weekend comes to an end my card has yet to be credited.
Just shows how petty he can be. He gives lousy service and won't even respond to people. Then he retaliates by stomping him feet and taking his ball and running away. Childish and a total jerk IMO.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:51 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

mcmike--I have often wondered why none of his customers have ever visited the "store." Surely there must be a few of the shafted close by, or pissed enough to make a road trip. In this entire thread, and I've been on it as an earlier customer, no one has ever even mentioned going to the store. Makes you wonder...
Old 03-17-2008, 10:37 AM
dmcmike

ORIGINAL: FlyingGreg

mcmike--I have often wondered why none of his customers have ever visited the "store." Surely there must be a few of the shafted close by, or pissed enough to make a road trip. In this entire thread, and I've been on it as an earlier customer, no one has ever even mentioned going to the store. Makes you wonder...

believe me, when I was having trouble with him, if I would've been within a couple hundred miles... I would've been there in a heartbeat! I guess he does have a physical store, at least he showed one on his website. I don't even know if he still has his website. I know I wrote a serious "criticism" of his business practices to Yahoo shopping, who has his business site. Never did hear back from them, so I don't know. and I have absolutely no reason or intention to ever visit his site. Now if I'm in New Hampshre, I just might have to visit his shop... Just for 'hoots & giggles', ya understand.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
OBDOC
My Feedback: (73)

Having the same issues. I ordered from them on Feb 3, 2008. Was supposed to ship in 48-72 hours. After two weeks and no product I emailed them several times and no response. I called them several times and spoke to someone once who apologized for the missing products and would ship them out the same day. Again over two weeks and no products, and I paid for USPS Priority Shipping. I've been calling ever since almost every day. I either get a busy signal or no answer. I'm going to my bank tonight to file the paperwork to reverse the charges. Glad I paid with a credit card.
Tim
Old 03-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Laggard

ORIGINAL: OBDOC
I called them several times and spoke to someone once who apologized for the missing products and would ship them out the same day. Again over two weeks and no products,
Seems to be a common theme. Even if they did screw up and forget to ship something, they then lie and say that they will resend. These are nothing but shameless bald-faced lies. They have no intention of resending anything and only refund if you nag them to.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:22 PM
bruce88123

Don't forget all the shipping labels they print up so they can give you a tracking number. Labels that NEVER seem to get stuck on a shipping box though.[:'(]

I mean, isn't this interstate mail fraud or something similar that they can be prosecuted for? And good ol Scale Butt 52 doesn't even bother coming online to lie to you guys anymore.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Josey Wales

I think RCU should suspend his selling privileges in the marketplace.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:20 PM
bruce88123

deleted
Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Desert Toad

Man Oh Man!

Where you people when I placed my order?! What was I thinking not checking up on our good pal, Doug?

I too am but a helpless victim. But yet a slightly upset one as well. Let's see.....order placed on the 6th, was told it shipped on the 10th, and haven't received a single response since.

I actually have a good buddy from Little Italy in Boston, said he'd take drive up there and retrieve my merchandise, anyone else want him to pick up theirs?

Was thinking maybe he lived in an apartment waiting until he had ten orders, then ordered up 10 and shipped them out.

But it looks like a nice place, see the attachment.

To continue further with the investigation, there are a few more businesses run from the same address, wonder if they get the same service as us.

Great reviews here! http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=...cb=ZUFfF2bFF36

He claims this worthless website as well: http://www.pat-o-briens.com/

Oh, and here's another: http://www.obriensports.com/ Gee, my order was more than 50 dollars and I didn't even GET shipping, let alone FREE shipping.

I also vote for selling privileges being revoked.

DT

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19507.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	908225  
Old 03-21-2008, 05:52 PM
LazyTanker

I'm a newb here Thanks mcmike and all friends who having torture from him and me too[:@] (I'm sorry I speak english not so well) I think this forum is very very useful to us and protect the buyers from bad sellers let's post as much as we can there are a lot of scaming cheating lying people on the net and dont forget to post sheer the good sellers too , thank you all you are sparkling and pulling me from hell, weeks ago I placed order from him almost a thousand bucks I asked him first before I place my order stock status he said product aready in the stocked so I place order the next day....now what I'm doing just wait and see I'm waiting about 4-5 days we all know the answer right[:@] nothing in the bamboo even a little hope from him he not reply no tracking # no no no no and no, so I call my credit card company stop payment immediatly before disaster to me.......let's see what is going on to the next vitim good luck and take care yourself from bad sellers we just learned from them end of story[&o].
Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 AM
forus

Hello,

I was charged $1480 from OBriens 11th of January for a Kangke Monocoupe and a Fuji 46ccm engine plus other stuff. I never have received anything, not even a tracking number. In my communications with the store I have received a lot of untruthful promises though....this they know how to deliver!

I am working hard to get my money back now. I will not give up on my $1480!! Yahoo Shopping has a buyer protection program. I have followed every step there but they only provide me with standard answers, kind of worthless. I have been in contact with their claims agent but they need me to sign a form that Yahoo Shopping should provide. Anyone knows how I can obtain this form? Yahoo is not helping me here.

How can we stop this guy from doing his fraud-business?? I am getting very impatient with DOUG, my CC-company too.... To bad I don't live in Boston anymore...but I will go back on vacation soon... OBriens should have given my money back by then so I don't have to take the trip to NH!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:28 PM
vettebob

I placed a order through Obrien's on Mar 06, 2008 for some servos $82 no response from e-mail, numerous phone calls and messages. Credit card company has been contacted about filing fraud charges and getting a refund. I wish I had seen this site sooner Bob

Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
GutzNGlory

OK, here is my story. Sorry it's a little lengthy. It pails in comparison to some of yours but it does support many of the BAD experiences; especially the LIES.

I ordered a Futaba 7C 2.4GHz Heli FUTK7001 on 2/9/08. A $40 savings that I couldn't find anywhere else. I was promised shipping within 48-72 hrs but immediately became suspicious when I didn't receive a tracking #. That's when I did a little research and found out what a shaddy outfit this is.

2/11 : I sent email asking for order status and received nothing.

2/13 : Sent another email asking for order status and received this response
"Your order of Sat. was processed monday and shipped this morning, please allow 3-5 days for delivery to your area." (Flat out LIE[:@])

2/26 : Sent following email: "I still have not received my order. I talked to you Saturday and you thought that I would receive it by no later than Monday. You said that you would follow up with the Post Master. Have you found out anything? It’s been 2 weeks now since the order was shipped. I think that the package should have been here by now. Please let me know the status of my order." (You guessed it, no response[>:])

2/28 : Sent following email: "I emailed the attached note to you on Tuesday and did not get a response. I called and left a message on Wednesday and did not get a response. I still have not received my order and it’s been over 2 weeks since you claim (Feb. 13) that it was shipped. 2 week is more than enough time for even the slowest method of shipment. I talked to you on Saturday, Feb. 23 and you said that you would follow up with the Post Master and email your findings to me but you did not.
My credit card was charged on Feb. 14. I still do not have my order.
You have not provided any kind of tracking information (this is the first time I have ever ordered something from a web site and did not receive a tracking number).
I have no evidence that it was ever shipped and have no choice but to take action. Therefore, if I do not receive my order or some concrete confirmation that it was shipped with an ETA by March 1, I am going to demand a full refund. I will get the credit card company involved if needed."

3/1 : Called and called. Finally got an answer @ 5:00. Doug said that he didn't know the status of my order and it was too late to follow up with the Post Office but promised to on Monday. (LIE)

3/3 : Received order. Picked up order from Post Office and asked clerk when it was shipped. She confirmed that it was shipped on 3/1!! He had lied to me on the phone 2 days earlier. I also noticed that it cost them over $27 to ship it[:-]. Confirmed radio was the Airplane version, not the Heli version that I ordered.

3/3 : Sent them an email giving them some honest advise not to lie to their customers and to do as they say they will. I also mentioned that the radio was not the correct one. I thought that was the end of that but received the following response later that night. "I appologize for all the mistakes. I will send a 7CH today, you will have it Thurs. In with the 7Ch , I will put in a prepaid return UPS label, you can drp off the incorrect radio at your convenience." (LIE - That's strike 3)

Needless to say, that was the last I ever heard from them. I did send another email on 3/15 telling them that I have not received anything yet. Haven't heard from them.

I can't believe that they are still in business. But hey, I did get a good deal on the wrong radio...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Desert Toad

Doug is a exceptional individual, isn't he? Amazes me that he reads all of these posts and doesn't care enough about his business to reply. Glad my order was cancelled before it was sent. Of course that was three weeks after I was told it shipped....
Old 03-26-2008, 06:09 AM
JKEpps
My Feedback: (1)

You know, I've never had the "Pleasure" of dealing with O'briens Hobby, but I am still amazed that no single or group of persons haven't taken the time to pay him a personal visit. Or at the very least to file a law suit against him for deceptive practices or fraud or theft or whatever.

From their web site:

"We apologize for this inconvenience, however as we are a small family business and guarantee the lowest prices to you, we cannot absorb credit card fraud"

In accordance with RCU's posting rules, I won't begin my litany of thoughts on that statement. All I will simply say is, "That's Rich!"

I'm glad that RCU hasn't closed this thread, especially after 15 pages and counting of this. It's too bad they don't make a "Sticky" of this in every forum, not just a thread in the clubhouse. After 15 pages of complaints (with a few kudos mixed in for flavor) in just under 1 years worth of time, I think that would be justified. I'm sure they won't or can't for fear of looking like they're going after the guy, but at what point is enough enough. At least they aren't listed as an RCU sponsor or store. There's something to be said for that.

How does he stay in business? It sounds like what someone else has said is the case. He uses money from new orders to pay for previous orders. "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" as they say. There is no way that this is simply poor communications, or bad delivery service or broken web site ordering system (has he used that one yet). If he's like this with his customers I can only imagine his suppliers are probably being shortchanged too.

Maybe if the local authorities, TV stations or newspapers were sent a link to this thread they might be able to investigate further. I'm sure there's a hungry FOX reporter or other media consumer reporter looking for some meat to feed off of.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Shame on you O'Brien Hobbies! SHAME ON YOU!

Nuff said

-Jorden, a happy non-customer of O'Brien Hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.