Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Maybe a move to Reno Nv.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:14 PM
multiwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe a move to Reno Nv.

My wife and I will be spending a week or so in Reno and vicinity this Sept. Shopping for a retirement home. Was hoping the R/C community in that area might be able to provide some insite. Recomended communities, homes , shopping etc. And of course, where to fly.
Thankyou in advance. PB aka Multiwing
Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Maybe a move to Reno Nv.

Sommerset in west Reno has a really nice retirement, or adult community by Dell Webb. Sommerset is near shopping, and the homes are very nice. They are still building homes out there and now is a good time to get into them, as you can still pick and choose your lot. The area out there is growing quickly. The Reno Sparks area is not as big as most would think it is. It is not very far to anywhere , but the traffic isn't the greatest. There are flying sites in Gardnerville, Carson City and in Spanish Springs. There is also a flying site at White Lake off of 395 North in Cold springs. The Gardnerville, Carson, and Spanish Springs sites are all AMA. The Cold Springs site is not, but also offers the most space and best atmosphere (people). Although it is all dirt and not paved it is nice, and also where I fly. Any more information you would like to know please feel free to ask.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
husker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maybe a move to Reno Nv.

Hello Multi Wing
Reno is a really neat place. Most years we have mild winters short spring and launch into summer which the humidity is low and the temp does not get too high for a long time. Fall is the best for flying!!! We have a really nice flying site in hungary valley north of Reno. We get to fly most of the year. Stop in and see John at Hobbies of Reno or e-mail me at [email protected].