Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Problem with E-Power RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:05 AM
ArCeeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with E-Power RC

Has anybody heard of or have tried to purchase something from E-Power RC/DC Power Products?

[link=http://www.e-powerrc.com/]E-Power RC[/link]

I'm beginng to think they are some kind of online practical joke. They have a nice website with an efficient shopping cart system, what looks to be like good RC products at good prices, but I just made my first order with them on May 18th 2007 and it is still in their "pending" mode with no explanation of why. I know all my info is correct and my credit card is spotless. They simply will not respond to any communication what so ever. I have emailed them twice and called them on the phone during their business hours only to get an answering machine message saying that they will return my call. I left detailed info on the machine about my order still not being processed, but zilch, nada, nothing for a response. It seems like everybody in their company died all at once and their website goes merrily on taking orders and customer info, even sending out an automated order confirmation email. What gives with these guys? Don't they want to sell anything to their customers? Or is their website just some kind of personal information gathering scam? I don't know and I hope somebody can clue me in. Has anybody else had success buying from them or simply experienced what I have been? I'm just totally dumbfounded at the apparent stupidity of their market place demeanor. (hands in the air)
Old 06-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Web Retailer Problem

Put the name of the business in the subject heading. It will draw more people.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This business is owned and run by Ron Abir, the same guy who started up a magazine for r/c boaters called (SRCBM) Scale R/C Boat Modeler. He duped many writers and advertisers into spending thier time and money on this magazine, not to mention every single subscriber who paid up front for their subscriptions and never received their magazines. Only two magazines were produced that I ever received.

Do a search on RCU and RC Groups for both "SRCBM" and "Scale RC Boat Modeler" and you will find threads talking about how this guy hosed many, many people.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:46 PM
ArCeeFlyer

Well, I called again today and got the same answering machine message saying they will get back to me a.s.a.p. No surprise there. I told them I'll give them a couple days yet and if they haven't done anything about it by that time to cancel my order. Man, what a waste of time with these guys. It's just so laughable. I highly recommend to anybody not to waste their time trying to order something from these guys, since they are obviously not in business to sell anything they offer on their website.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
ArCeeFlyer

21 days since I made my order with E-Power RC and still no order processing or response to emails or phone calls. Fortunately I used a credit card for this purchase and I will be able to circumvent any potential fraud on Ron Abir's part should he decide to try and charge against it without sending my purchase. A big word of warning to anybody that might try to order something from E-Power RC... I wouldn't send payment using his PayPal link unless it was done via credit card. For God's sake don't just send funds via checking account or you will likely never see your money again. I strongly advise to just steer clear of this so called retailer and his website. He should be forced to close that site down if he is only using it to collect people's credit card numbers and personal info and possibly steal their money if paying via an unsecure source. I will definitely be sending info about Ron Abir to my credit card company and maybe even the BBB. I thank whoever posted his picture on that magazine fraud thread about him mentioned earlier. It's good to remember what the enemy looks like. [:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76251.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	699898  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:29 AM
ArCeeFlyer

LOL. I just looked and they still have my order pending after more than a month, and of course, no response to any contact attempts I had made. What a joke. Needless to say, I had my credit card company reissue me another card so Ron Abir can't charge to it in the future when I least expect it. I would stay away from anything that he is connected to, as I have since read about other things where he apparently screwed over many people. Just another deadbeat making a lousier internet for us all.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Problem with E-Power RC

Hey, I know that picture as I took it!
He was at Toledo this year and I was surprised that he showed his face there. He lost a lot of weight so I barely recognized him. He was sucking his gut in in that shot taken in 2006.