Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

WARNING: Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Banana Hobby Customer Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARNING: Banana Hobby

ORIGINAL: rtec

Thanks Saralyn C. for posting.

I am new to Banana Hobby and should be getting my SR-71 Tomorrow according to UPS tracking info...

I am keeping a very open mind to this purchase and Banana Hobby, Because I know most good reports never get posted and the bad one get splattered everywhere.

But, I would hope that if I don't like it or it does perform as I would hope that we would be able to return it.

Because right now I am a little scare after reading many post of the SR-71 and almost considering refusing delivery or just plain not opening the box and sending it back to guys..

Thanks again
Bob

According to our company policy, once an item has been assembled (glued together) no returns will be allowed as the item cannot be repacked and shipped once assembled. However, if you find that there is a defect of any kind we will gladly replace the part for you at no charge. I appreciate your understanding, and would like to direct you to some good reviews. If you go back far enough, you will see that they weren't always good, but we have greatly improved and are continuing to do so:

http://www.rcgroups.com/banana-hobby-560/

Should you decide to refuse delivery, please be sure to notify me so that I can follow up on it.

Thank you,

Saralyn C.
Banana Hobby

Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 PM
xviper-1

ORIGINAL: xviper-1
In a way, I'm glad you and Hobby E-Store are not one in the same. This will compel me to give them a try. If that blows up in my face, I'll start a campaign agains them, too.
It seems some of your staff have changed since my dealings with you. Perhaps others will get a much better treatment than I ever did. And no, you only get to sting me once.
Oops .............. not gonna happen, either. I just did a Google search on Hobby-estore customer satisfaction and what a load of BAD reports. Scratch another one.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Banana Hobby Customer Service

ORIGINAL: bart4u

I am betting they will set up shop with another name.
You would be right. They apparently have always done business on ebay under different names. I wish I remembered them but I'm sure they change often so they can get away from angry customers. These guys don't just FAIL, but they get an F - WITH DISTINCTION.
Hi there X-Viper!

I just wanted to let you know that Banana Hobby always has, and always will be Banana Hobby. We have never operated under a different name, nor do we plan on changing our name in the future. From a business standpoint, this would not make sense as we would be unable to build a consumer base if we were always changing names and locations. Banana Hobby has moved once. We moved because we outgrew our first location and needed a new a larger location toaccommodatethe growing business. While we do have some angry customers in the past, we want to hear from them so that we can resolve the problem and right the wrong. If we aren't contacted about the matter, we won't be able to resolve it. Please let me know what your order number is, and what went wrong with your order. I will be more than happy to assist you in resolving it as you seem to be pretty upset with us!

Thank you,

Saralyn C.
Banana Hobby

Both Banana Hobby and Hobby E-Store have the same zip code and it seems your stores are 1 mile apart, naturally, an easy confusion till the addresses are compared. My problem with you goes back to over a year ago and it was never resolved to my satisfaction. The helicopter you sold me was "dead on arrival" and ended up costing me an additional shipping charge to send it back to you. This helicopter never did work but after the tremendous problems getting you to even take it back and ship me a "repaired" one, I simply gave up on the whole deal and simply wrote you off. In a way, I'm glad you and Hobby E-Store are not one in the same. This will compel me to give them a try. If that blows up in my face, I'll start a campaign agains them, too.
It seems some of your staff have changed since my dealings with you. Perhaps others will get a much better treatment than I ever did. And no, you only get to sting me once.
While I do appreciate you responding, I wanted to let you know that my being here is in no intention to 'sting' anyone, or even to market our website. My reason for being here is to resolve unresolved issues such as yours, and as you stated it was not resolved to your satisfaction. I will be more than happy to resolve that matter now. While I realize that this happened quite some time ago, if you want the problem to be resolved then all I need is your order number to look the matter over. No need to campaignagainstanyone here, I am on your side working for Banana Hobby resolving these types of issues.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 PM
xviper-1

While I do appreciate you responding, I wanted to let you know that my being here is in no intention to 'sting' anyone, or even to market our website. My reason for being here is to resolve unresolved issues such as yours, and as you stated it was not resolved to your satisfaction. I will be more than happy to resolve that matter now. While I realize that this happened quite some time ago, if you want the problem to be resolved then all I need is your order number to look the matter over. No need to campaign against anyone here, I am on your side working for Banana Hobby resolving these types of issues.

It's too bad that Banana Hobby wasn't this forthcoming a year ago. Nobody should have to open up a dispute on Ebay just to get your attention when weeks of trying to get a response failed. I'm glad to see that Banana Hobby is making an effort to right what was wrong but for me, that ship has sailed. The money I lost on a truly terrible product is a lesson well learned. I shall continue to read how satisfied your customers will be from now on. If Banana Hobby shows sincerity and happy customers spring forth, I'll stop issuing cautions. Just know that there are watchdogs out there all over the internet.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:21 PM

While I do appreciate you responding, I wanted to let you know that my being here is in no intention to 'sting' anyone, or even to market our website. My reason for being here is to resolve unresolved issues such as yours, and as you stated it was not resolved to your satisfaction. I will be more than happy to resolve that matter now. While I realize that this happened quite some time ago, if you want the problem to be resolved then all I need is your order number to look the matter over. No need to campaignagainstanyone here, I am on your side working for Banana Hobby resolving these types of issues.

It's too bad that Banana Hobby wasn't this forthcoming a year ago. Nobody should have to open up a dispute on Ebay just to get your attention when weeks of trying to get a response failed. I'm glad to see that Banana Hobby is making an effort to right what was wrong but for me, that ship has sailed. The money I lost on a truly terrible product is a lesson well learned. I shall continue to read how satisfied your customers will be from now on. If Banana Hobby shows sincerity and happy customers spring forth, I'll stop issuing cautions. Just know that there are watchdogs out there all over the internet.
Banana Hobby is not associated with Ebay in any way, shape or form. Anyone selling Banana Hobby products on Ebay are probably reselling their own products purchased from us, or are simply just using our name. I realize that your opinion of Banana Hobby was formed by your experience with us, and if I was able to change that experience for you I gladly would. Unfortunately no one can change the past, but we can make sure the same mistakes are not repeated in the future. That is what we are focusing on now, and want to ensure that we are working very hard for all of our buyers as we wouldn't be where we are without them.

Thank you,

Saralyn C.
Banana Hobby
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
lowandfast

I have reviewed the recent attempt by banana hobby to make ammends with the very small group of people that have gone the distance to complain about the service or lack of, poor quality stuff and just plain ignorant handling of customer service, blatently allowing customers to be ignored after purchasing things, not sending them, sending the wrong thing , keeping money that they did not earn, etc.

It appears now that our compliants may be having an affect on the bussiness based on these attempts here in this forum. BOOHOOandgood luck, hope your business fails. Regarding re-contacting me in this thread, please do not persist.I have no interest in reclaiming my lost 60 dollars of parts money, that piece of junk helicopter you sold me fell apart a long time ago now and I have been buying better equipment and have advanced beyond your new comer rip off trap. As well,I have found very reputable suppliers that respect the consumer, stand behind products and maintain proper records of sales and service. I want nothing to do with banana hobby however Iwill continue to watch this forum in support of any of your new victims and will continue to reinforce that on different sites as well. It is up to banana hobby now, if they plan to survive or not.

I am not interestied in being part ofyourrecovery, the crappy way you ignored my repeated emails to inquire was insulting. You stole from me. Bums like banana hobby do not deserve a second chance.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
rtec
My Feedback: (9)

ok all,

My New SR-71 Just got dropped off by UPS man,,,  Yea!

Shipping was great! 

I placed my order on Friday 28th of May 2010 at 10:06 (PM)
and I received a Ground Shipment from CA. to Milwaukee WI on June 10th 2010

so lets say 11 days...  now lets consider we had 2 weekends subtract 4 days and one of the weekends was memorial day weekend to let subtract another day, so 5 days total.

so 6 days to order and get my package, can't beat that.

I'll post more updates and a youtube video of the box opening later

so far so good

thanks
bob
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
N215PB

I have gotten one bad model....and it's the seaplane from NITROPLANES, small pusher seaplane, sucker just will not fly and i've made several mods...was $129....big deal, I'll part it out and use that stuff on another model. Banana has been great, keep em comin!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 PM
xviper-1

While I do appreciate you responding, I wanted to let you know that my being here is in no intention to 'sting' anyone, or even to market our website. My reason for being here is to resolve unresolved issues such as yours, and as you stated it was not resolved to your satisfaction. I will be more than happy to resolve that matter now. While I realize that this happened quite some time ago, if you want the problem to be resolved then all I need is your order number to look the matter over. No need to campaign against anyone here, I am on your side working for Banana Hobby resolving these types of issues.

Banana Hobby is not associated with Ebay in any way, shape or form. Anyone selling Banana Hobby products on Ebay are probably reselling their own products purchased from us, or are simply just using our name. I realize that your opinion of Banana Hobby was formed by your experience with us, and if I was able to change that experience for you I gladly would. Unfortunately no one can change the past, but we can make sure the same mistakes are not repeated in the future. That is what we are focusing on now, and want to ensure that we are working very hard for all of our buyers as we wouldn't be where we are without them.

Thank you,

Saralyn C.
Banana Hobby
My slip. I meant to say "PAYPAL". I bought DIRECTLY from Banana Hobby and paid via Paypal. I had to start a dispute with PayPal because you kept ignoring my phone calls and emails for weeks.
The damage that you've done in the past may now be irreversible. When you screw up that badly, there may not be a second chance.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: lowandfast

I have reviewed the recent attempt by banana hobby to make ammends with the very small group of people that have gone the distance to complain about the service or lack of, poor quality stuff and just plain ignorant handling of customer service, blatently allowing customers to be ignored after purchasing things, not sending them, sending the wrong thing , keeping money that they did not earn, etc.

It appears now that our compliants may be having an affect on the bussiness based on these attempts here in this forum. BOOHOOandgood luck, hope your business fails. Regarding re-contacting me in this thread, please do not persist.I have no interest in reclaiming my lost 60 dollars of parts money, that piece of junk helicopter you sold me fell apart a long time ago now and I have been buying better equipment and have advanced beyond your new comer rip off trap. As well,I have found very reputable suppliers that respect the consumer, stand behind products and maintain proper records of sales and service. I want nothing to do with banana hobby however Iwill continue to watch this forum in support of any of your new victims and will continue to reinforce that on different sites as well. It is up to banana hobby now, if they plan to survive or not.

I am not interestied in being part ofyourrecovery, the crappy way you ignored my repeated emails to inquire was insulting. You stole from me. Bums like banana hobby do not deserve a second chance.
My being here has nothing to do with getting you to purchase from us again, it is simply to right the wrongs that have been done in the passed. All of you here complaining about things obviously have a reason to complain, and I am here to resolve those complaints if the help is wanted. If you don't want the help, then no one can help you and it seems that you will remain unhappy and bitter towards Banana Hobby in spite of my attempt to make things right. That is your decision and I respect that. Should you change your mind, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]. If I receive your email during normal business hours you will receive a response the same day. If I receive your email after business hours you will receive a response no later than the following business day.

This thread i'm sure has deterred a handful of people who have taken a look at it, however that is by no means the reason I am here. I have stated why I am here a number of times already, and it's simply to make good on things that we messed up on in the passed. If you were emailing [email protected] and did not receive a response, please do not take it so personally, as we were not ignoring you specifically and there is no conspiracy against you. We simply did not have the man power to keep up in the past, and that has changed, hence the reason I am now trying to makeamendswith all those who still have unresolved issues. Again, not asking for a second chance, only asking that you allow us to fix the first chance that was given to us.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:32 AM
flying747747

All, I have bought a F-16 blitzworks jet from Banana hobby and am now ibnto my 15th flight. On the 12th flight I blew a ducted fan blade and re-ordered a new one from Babana Hobby. I received 2 new fans for the price of one to Australia in 7 days. I call that great service and did receive an email from Support to say that they had been posted. Just because acouple have issues that doesnt mean all are not being served. I have ordered another jet from them and will repost when I receive it. You will find they sell the best ARF electric DF jets around. By the way Blitzworks are the best!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Saralyn C., it sounds like you're the new whipping boy (girl) for a company who has built a reputation over many years of doing what they did to build that reputation. It also sounds as if you're genuinely trying to right some wrongs that have occured over the years. But there is one glaring obstacle in your path. You have satated in at least one post that your hands are tied because it is "against company policy". If you have been hired to take the heat but without the authority and autonomy to go against what is obviously very bad company policy, you and this public display of customer advocacy is due to failure. It simply becomes window dressing for the same old company with the same old company policies.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:06 PM
bananarama

"Hello Pilots

Just wanted to thank you for your ongoing support for us! We are working very hard to continue to grow, improve, and provide the best we possibly can for all of our consumers. " 

Does this sound somewhat familiar to anyone? It normally follows a series of complaints which end with a response from a "happy customer" exclaiming his or her ultimate satisfaction with customer service, delivery and the product itself. 
Old 10-24-2010, 09:43 AM
knlken

I guess Saralyn is no longer available and they basicly threw her out in front of thetraffic with her job duties like they do with their customers. If they do this to their best customer service rep (a human being)I can only imagine how they feel towards their customers which I guess that don't need pointed out lol just look at the track record. A link for those of you wondering what happened to her http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1213

Ken

Old 10-24-2010, 11:57 AM
xviper-1

ORIGINAL: knlken

I guess Saralyn is no longer available and they basicly threw her out in front of the traffic with her job duties like they do with their customers. If they do this to their best customer service rep (a human being) I can only imagine how they feel towards their customers which I guess that don't need pointed out lol just look at the track record. A link for those of you wondering what happened to her http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1213

Ken

PRICELESS!!!! Right from the horse's mouth.
When you can't lie and cheat and scam and make excuses for them, what good are you? That goes to show, an honest person doesn't last long at Banana Hobby. So, nothing really changed. They just appoint someone new to act as mouthpiece for them to try and put up a false front.
We'll await their next whipping boy (girl). Maybe they'll find a really dumb one next time, who can't see the real workings of BH. By then, they'll have a whole new crop of suck... er.... um... I mean, customers who don't know the way BH does business. And it's up to the rest of us who have been scammed to warn the BH newbies.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:05 PM
knlken

Yes it's very sad to see good people treated like this. Saralyn did the impossible facing all people that BH kicked to the curb and putting her name out with BHnext it took a lot of courage to do. Shows you the face of BH couldn't do this themselves because of their character and got jealous of her maybe. Whoever did this to her shows how much of a coward they are and sure their pockets will hurta little because of it.Well I better stop before I get myself into trouble even though it's very well deserved!

Ken
Old 10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: knlken

I guess Saralyn is no longer available and they basicly threw her out in front of the traffic with her job duties like they do with their customers. If they do this to their best customer service rep (a human being) I can only imagine how they feel towards their customers which I guess that don't need pointed out lol just look at the track record. A link for those of you wondering what happened to her http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1213

Ken

PRICELESS!!!! Right from the horse's mouth.
When you can't lie and cheat and scam and make excuses for them, what good are you? That goes to show, an honest person doesn't last long at Banana Hobby. So, nothing really changed. They just appoint someone new to act as mouthpiece for them to try and put up a false front.
We'll await their next whipping boy (girl). Maybe they'll find a really dumb one next time, who can't see the real workings of BH. By then, they'll have a whole new crop of suck... er.... um... I mean, customers who don't know the way BH does business. And it's up to the rest of us who have been scammed to warn the BH newbies.
Look up the thread (If it still exists)

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9857048/anchors_9860969/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9860969[/link]

It took a Thread like the one listed above to get their attention as my good Friend and Flight Instructor with many years of experience with RC Models and now several years with Electronic Ducted Fan (EDF's) had no luck getting through the person at their chat line, meaning this person just said NO WE DON'T replace models that crashed and without listining to Carter's explanations.

After several months and countless e-mails back and forth with several people including SARALYNN C. (I am not too sure she really exists), my friend Carter finally got his "REPLACEMENT" Starmax F4 Phantom 90mm EDF Fighter Jet from them with still a few lose ends but, over-all Carter finally got more or less what he was looking for.

During the process of getting them to replace the model that was lost, they requested several items from the Crashed Model and one good friend and RC Club member Flew near their place of business, we kindly call our friend "BIGTONE" as he is a very large guy and when he arrived at BANANA HOBBIES the employees standing outside the building taking a smoke told BIGTONE that SARALYN C. was not in that day nor was PETE available. Someting about PETE only goes there once a week![X(] Mind you, that Carter send multiple e-mails communicating that our BIGTONE was going to passby and they knew he was coming! Of course they did not give him a tour nor was he allowed anywhere else besides a small office and he left the items with the customer reference number with the employees.

Certainly, their WEB Site has lots of models to choose from but, I would NOT order anything from them as their outfit is nothing like the other US Distributors. I rather buy directly from CHINA as I have experience better customer service over there instead of the constant bad news from many here and including what happened to our Carter.

Did BANANA HOBBY replace the model, a BIG YES but, it took lots of effort on CARTER's part and my part to raise awareness here in these threads!

Buyer be Aware!
Carlos[8D]
Old 10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
knlken

Hi Carlos, yes I remember when your buddy had a problem with his lawn dart from RcGroups and you did a good job helping him out

Ken
Old 10-28-2010, 11:05 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Are they still in business? HOW????
Old 10-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: yadac123

If you guys want to bash bananahobby that's fine but xheli, rt, NP should leave out of this. NP has dedicated support forum under RCU and they provide A+ customer service. If you have order issues you can pm JOHN under NP and I'm sure he'll help.

Andy

Yea, spending $100 to send back a $80 trainer that the wing came off of in flight due to poor construction is great customer service at Nitro Planes. The pictures were irrelevant. It was cheaper to by a Hangar 9 than send the cheap back to get more cheap.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 PM
okdreamin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BANANA HOBBY   BAD EXPERIENCE..  i ORDERED THE CESSNA 182 WITH 55 INCH WING SPAN.  i GOT RIPPED AS WELL .  i HAD TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH CALIFORNIA BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.  FINALLY GOT MY PLANE AND THE ESC SHORTED OUT BEFORE I COULD EVEN FLY IT.    STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS. 
Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 AM
rltrahan
My Feedback: (128)

Banana Hobby Bad for Customers

This is by no meens trying to flame a business but warn RCU memebers of a certain RC business which is already buiding a reputation for very poor or no customer service and taking peoples money. Banana Hobby is setting the bar for low standards when it comes to Customer service and there are many other retailer options out there for RCU memebers such as Nitroplanes, Hobby Lobby, EJF or even Eastiger models who have some really nice PF planes now. To start with I bought a plane from Banana Hobby to give as a Christmas present on 29 November which they sent me the wrong plane and it is now 20 December with no resolution and no contact from their customer service.

Here's how they did me over
I bought the Large scale A-10 from their sight and they sent me the smaller cheaper one in place of it. I immediately called them and they told me I could be wrong and received the plane I was supposed to. My jaw dropped when I was told that, first off Ive ordered both scale sizes from these guys so Im well aware of the differences between the two and second no matter what you do for a business you always give the costumer the benefit of the doubt and you don't tell them they are the one that made the mistake. I even told them what item numbers the planes are based off of their site and what I was supposed to get and the finally acted like it might be a problem. In other words it took me exercising some common sense to identify the difference between the planes and if I'm not mistaking this should be a job expectation of a banana hobby customer service rep but in my case obviously not. Well the next thing they asked me to do is take pictures of the plane and the box I received in which I did and I had it in an email to them with in the hour I got off the phone which this was 08 Dec. I sent it to the RMA address they asked me to send it to and tried to contact them back several times with no success. I have sent emails and called with no help or resolution to resolve a very simple problem. Its like they have completely blown me off and have no intention to give me the correct plane and I paid twice a much for a smaller plane I did not order. Now its almost Christmas and its safe to say this will not get resolved before then as it was intended as a present and I doubt it ever will. So Im either going to have to live with this plane for twice the cost or pursue the better business bureau in California to get my money back as some have done with these guys in the past. I hope my loss can serve as a warning to other members to avoid Banana Hobby at all cost. There are other sites likes the ones mentioned above for good foamy park flyers that you can have a piece of mind that you will get what you ordered and if not at least be able to correct the problem as with their customer service as it was meant for.

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...#ixzz18fpiKIA1
Old 12-20-2010, 09:56 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for this thread guys! I was going to order a A-10 from them but after reading this they will not be getting my business.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

They are still in business? HOW?????
Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 PM
xviper-1

ORIGINAL: tailskid

They are still in business? HOW?????
They sprinkle a few "plants" here and there to say how great they are. [:-]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.