RCU Forums - View Single Post - WARNING: Banana Hobby
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: WARNING: Banana Hobby

ORIGINAL: xviper-1

ORIGINAL: knlken

I guess Saralyn is no longer available and they basicly threw her out in front of the traffic with her job duties like they do with their customers. If they do this to their best customer service rep (a human being) I can only imagine how they feel towards their customers which I guess that don't need pointed out lol just look at the track record. A link for those of you wondering what happened to her http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1213

Ken

PRICELESS!!!! Right from the horse's mouth.
When you can't lie and cheat and scam and make excuses for them, what good are you? That goes to show, an honest person doesn't last long at Banana Hobby. So, nothing really changed. They just appoint someone new to act as mouthpiece for them to try and put up a false front.
We'll await their next whipping boy (girl). Maybe they'll find a really dumb one next time, who can't see the real workings of BH. By then, they'll have a whole new crop of suck... er.... um... I mean, customers who don't know the way BH does business. And it's up to the rest of us who have been scammed to warn the BH newbies.
Look up the thread (If it still exists)

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9857048/anchors_9860969/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9860969[/link]

It took a Thread like the one listed above to get their attention as my good Friend and Flight Instructor with many years of experience with RC Models and now several years with Electronic Ducted Fan (EDF's) had no luck getting through the person at their chat line, meaning this person just said NO WE DON'T replace models that crashed and without listining to Carter's explanations.

After several months and countless e-mails back and forth with several people including SARALYNN C. (I am not too sure she really exists), my friend Carter finally got his "REPLACEMENT" Starmax F4 Phantom 90mm EDF Fighter Jet from them with still a few lose ends but, over-all Carter finally got more or less what he was looking for.

During the process of getting them to replace the model that was lost, they requested several items from the Crashed Model and one good friend and RC Club member Flew near their place of business, we kindly call our friend "BIGTONE" as he is a very large guy and when he arrived at BANANA HOBBIES the employees standing outside the building taking a smoke told BIGTONE that SARALYN C. was not in that day nor was PETE available. Someting about PETE only goes there once a week![X(] Mind you, that Carter send multiple e-mails communicating that our BIGTONE was going to passby and they knew he was coming! Of course they did not give him a tour nor was he allowed anywhere else besides a small office and he left the items with the customer reference number with the employees.

Certainly, their WEB Site has lots of models to choose from but, I would NOT order anything from them as their outfit is nothing like the other US Distributors. I rather buy directly from CHINA as I have experience better customer service over there instead of the constant bad news from many here and including what happened to our Carter.

Did BANANA HOBBY replace the model, a BIG YES but, it took lots of effort on CARTER's part and my part to raise awareness here in these threads!

Buyer be Aware!
Carlos[8D]