Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

K&B 19 in old CL Plane- Parts??

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

K&B 19 in old CL Plane- Parts??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 03:18 PM
aaganz

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default K&B 19 in old CL Plane- Parts??

I am restoring 3 CL planes I built 1953-1954 flying with a K&B 35 engine. I have just bought a K&B 19 for more leisurely flight! What is a good online source for all the parts I need?? 1) metal gas tank, 2) wing fabric - tissue, silk,..?? 3) glue/dope for wing leading edge when I recover,...etc.

(The system wouldn't allow me to post pix of the planes??)

Thanks,
aaganz
The following users liked this post:
David John Davis (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 08:41 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Two things on the system. First, I think theres a 10 post requirement, but it's listed in the rules.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:41 PM
Clean

As you can see, getting up to 10 posts.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:53 PM
Clean

Can be hard. you have to wait 10 seconds between posts.
Brodak Manufacturing has metal tanks, Sig used to but are in an extended move. Wouldn't hurt to call either one of them monday. There is an online catalog for brodaks but call it in.

Mecoa may have K+B parts, I'd call them too.

Last thing about posting pictures, Kinda stopped working on Firefox and Chrome, don't know why. I swapped to Opera this week and the attachment toolbar at the top of the reply box is there all the time. It would show up on other browsers occasionally but stopped working regularly about mid year last year. The 10 post rule by the way is to keep forums from being flooded with SPAM. We used about the same platform on the SPAD forum, once upon a time, and many others that used this forum software, so it's pretty standard.
The following users liked this post:
init4fun (03-03-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 01:12 PM
aaganz

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Clean,
Thank you for the reference to Brodak Manufacturing in PA!! I have looked through their online catalog, and they have everything I need from mounting bolts/nuts, small metal gas tanks, and silk span...etc...!! This is a treasure trove of things needed for my restorations, and for the subsequent flights!

As soon as I am able, I will post pictures of my 1953 plane and its "sister ship". We'll see how they fly with the K&B 19 reduced from the original K&B 35. I just bought my "new" K&B 19 on eBay (auction) and it arrives Monday. Then I will know the dimensions I need to get a big order in to Brodak!
aaganz
The following 2 users liked this post by aaganz:
Clean (03-02-2024), init4fun (03-03-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 05:56 PM
Clean

Glad to have been of help and look forward to seeing the pictures.
Old 03-03-2024, 03:46 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by aaganz
Clean,
Thank you for the reference to Brodak Manufacturing in PA!! I have looked through their online catalog, and they have everything I need from mounting bolts/nuts, small metal gas tanks, and silk span...etc...!! This is a treasure trove of things needed for my restorations, and for the subsequent flights!

As soon as I am able, I will post pictures of my 1953 plane and its "sister ship". We'll see how they fly with the K&B 19 reduced from the original K&B 35. I just bought my "new" K&B 19 on eBay (auction) and it arrives Monday. Then I will know the dimensions I need to get a big order in to Brodak!
aaganz

Hi aaganz, While the Clubhouse is ok for pretty much any discussion, you'll have the collective knowledge of a whole bunch of dedicated Control Line flyers here;

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/control-lines-231/

Last edited by init4fun; 03-03-2024 at 04:25 PM. Reason: damn typos ;)
Old 03-04-2024, 05:38 AM
Clean

ooof, you'd think I would have noticed it was in clubhouse and not the control line forum. Well little mister focussed here. Yes, do check into the control line forum here as well.