Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Sanding / filling / polishing tricks

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Sanding / filling / polishing tricks

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 07:16 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sanding / filling / polishing tricks

I need some help folks. I am new to building kits and such. I have put together a lot of ARF's and built a few kits. However, I am in a bind. I am trying to get a turtle deck to come out alright. I coated it with 3 coats of aerogloss clear dope. Yes I goofed. So now I want to paint this surface (balsa sheeting) and want it to come out nice. I tried covering with monokote, but with the dope on it does not cover well. I really dont want to tear the sheeting off and do it over again. Any advice? I was thinking if I did resheet it I would use some lightweight foam. Same type as the foamies are made of the Depron white stuff.

Any help would be appreciated. After one coat of primer I could tell the grain was still showing bad.