Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

cox electric cl

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM
rcpilotcd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cox electric cl

i aquired a cox electric control line spitfire minus the charger. my questions are, does this plane fly well, and how do i charge the battery?

rcpilotcd
Old 03-20-2007, 12:08 AM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: cox electric cl

If that's the small electric I had sometime in the early 70s, I wasn't impressed by mine. Even on the short lines, I still had to whip to get a half-way decent flight. Sorry I can't remember how to charge it. If it is that old, the battery may be gone.

Of course, I have also done a lot of swearing at some engines other people swear by.

Wish I could be of more help.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:59 AM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I honestly don't know as I have never even seen one myself.

I will say this, the battery is probably no good at all and even if it were the more moderen batteries of today are much more powerful for the given size and weight.
The same can be said of the motor.

However its flight charactaristics were then could be easily made much better by replacing the battery and notor.
I have no idea what would be appropriate however.

Robert
Old 03-23-2007, 03:18 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If this is the one I'm thinking of, replacing the motor means major surgery on a thin plastic fuse. The motor may have been something between a pager motor and maybe a 180 sized brushed motor. Main thing I remember from it was that when I had given up on it, I was trying to get the motor out by cutting the molded plastic fuse apart, slipped, and put a new Xacto #11 under the nail of my left index finger.

I also had the newer F-8 Crusader control liner that doesn't fly any better, but does reliably drop a small bomb. Best part of it is the bomb release really does work.