Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

If you need Photoshop help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: If you need Photoshop help...

I finished making my signature, it turned out pretty good, but i didnt figure out how to make it stick out at the top:

Old 08-26-2009, 06:17 PM
OzyDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Damo, theimage doesn't stick out the top. It is an optical illusion with a box drawn in as if it is the border. The actual edge of the image is invisible on a white background. Your brain is fooled into perceiving the thin black line of the box as the border.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Yeah, i know what you mean. I didnt think of that.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:59 PM
tomfiorentino

Minnflyer,

It's nice of you to offer your knowledge on Photoshop. A little background about where I am. I have a D80 and the most challenging photos I shoot are of my son who plays junior hockey in prep school. I am fairly knowledgeable about photography and particularly aware of the issues that present with shooting hockey...poor light (and worse yet, changing light temperatures), fast action and distance. I have found the best combination with my current equipment is Aperature Priority (2.8) with my VR 70-200, ISO of around 1600, image optimization at Vivid+ and EV at +.7. I shoot .jpegs, although if I can get a little more familiar with Photoshop Elements 6 I want to shoot some in RAW where I have the most flexibility for post processing. It's mainly the white balance which is always tough in that environment.

I use a reference manual for the software called The Photoshop Elements 6 Book. It is very helpful getting me pointed in the right direction, but I do have a couple things for you:

1. The Editor: First problem is I don't it...but I need to I believe to make the changes I am looking for. When I open a .jpeg image int he editor and make some changes, I can't seem to save it properly. I always get a red banner across the image that says "Edit in Process". I have looked high and low for this one. What gives?

2. The Fix Option: I usually go here directly from the Organizer view to make changes. When I use the crop option, a dialog box comes up regarding the type of cropping size (ie. 5X7, no restriction etc.). The image always opens in No Restriction and I usually drop down to Use Photo Ratio. I guess the general question here is I am not sure when I am affecting the resolution of the image. If I don't want to lose resolution, which option would I select. Also, since the Use Photo Ratio is listed separately from 5X7 I am wondering what size the Photo Ratio is to begin with...

3. Perhaps this next one is easier with a RAW image, but what I would like to do is select part of a photo that I know should be pure white and reset White Balance according to that. For example, if the team is wearing their white jerseys, I would like to select a clear part of a jersey and reset everything off of that. Just so you know, the ice is usually not white in a properly exposed photo, from what my experience tells me. It is usually a slight grey where you can see skate cuts and other imperfections. It cracks me up when some guys show an image where the ice is totally clipped...there is something very fake looking about that to me. It simply isn't natural enough. Anyway, can I do what I am suggesting with some of my .jpeg images or MUST I have RAW?

Let me start there for now...and perhaps I can share some images with you at some point.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 AM
benlinus

Thanks for the tip, i just love photoshop, love to work on it. I had great experience with it. Its free of cost and best editor ever, its all features are cvery cool, its best for experts also for the online users.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:30 PM
domer1234

It's impossible or not. If i want to zoom in picture and still same resolution.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:24 PM
OzyDave

Originally Posted by domer1234
It's impossible or not. If i want to zoom in picture and still same resolution.
It's not really possible. You can zoom in to view but each pixel becomes larger, effectively reducing the number of pixels per mm. If you zoom and save, you are reducing the nnumber of pixels.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:02 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have a program such as Paint Shop Pro, or whatever, try doing a ReSize. In PSP, the command is in the Image drop-down menu. Resize it with a higher pixel number and save it as a different file name (so as not to destroy the original).

This might be what you are looking for, but I'm not sure. If you are looking for some tiny detail but took the original image with, say, a 640x480 camera phone, the detail won't be there.

Just my $.02

Bob
Old 11-21-2016, 11:28 PM
daljitgroup

lets see what will the result.