Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:25 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0

I would like to know what your opinions about this software are. I am thinking of purchasing it but would like some views on it's ease of use etc.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:31 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0

Hi Paul,

It is undoubtedly the best digital image tool on the market. It will take you a while to learn, but I picked up the basics in a day or two back when I was first introduced to it (11 yrs ago).

It's one of those tools that, the more you use it, the more you'll learn.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:02 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Hi Mike, thanks for the input on this software. I have been looking online and there are so many different manufactures, titles and versions to choose from it is one of the things you have to research and make sure you get right the first time.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:57 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

I agree. Adobe Premier is the best tool. Its complicated like most Adobe products, but once you learn it...its the best. And there are many expansions that you can add to it for things like special effects....wait till you start experimenting with alpha channels. With alpha channels effects like the semi-transparent Predator movie are possible.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:10 AM
JasonS

I use Premiere Pro to earn a large part of my income. Although it seems complicated, its done for a logical reason. "Simpler" programs seem easier with simple edits on short projects, but as soon as you need to do split edits, (audio edits lead, follow, or overlap video edits) manage large amounts of media, incorporate transparency, or any other effects, - the "complicated" Premiere is in fact MUCH easier to use than most of the "simple" programs. And I'm not talking Terminator effects. Just basic editing tricks that have been used for the last 80 years.
Premiere has pretty decent help files and a decent search engine - use it and you don't really need a manual either.